stingray sandbar trip WITHOUT snorkeling stop?

zeke11

Hi all -

We are interested in doing the stingray city sandbar excursion where you basically stand in the water. All of the excursions I have seen thusfar include a snorkeling stop after the sandbar. Since we aren't swimmers, I'm wondering if there is ANY company that offers the stingray city without a snorkeling stop?

Thanks for any info -

Kris

When we did the tour with Nativeway there was a group of us who did not get off the boat at the snorkel stop. Some of us just sat on the back platform with our feet in the water. The captain gave each of us punch. The guide would dive to the bottom and bring up starfish and conch for us to check out. Me and the others chatted about the cruise and it was soon time to head back. I still feel Nativeway was a much better deal than the ship excursions that had boats packed with people. We seemed to have much more personalized service.

For those only wanting Stingray City Sandbar I recommend Soto's Cruise for the two hour trip. It is $30 and only has one other snorkeling stop for about 20 minutes. It was recommended by a friend to be very personable and less crowded. She wanted the shorter trip so she could spend more of the day on the beach.

The larger cruise ship excursion often take longer than this even though there is only one stop becuase there is so many people. Often 50+.

Good luck. I am only 6 weeks out from our next cruise trip - yeah!! ;)

Archived