My shortest review ever! Imagination 2 day to Ensenada 12/18/14.

gapearl

When you're on the Amazing Race, I'll be yelling, "Hey, I know her! Go, Kim!" And people will ask me how I know you, and I'll be embarrassed and say, we'll, we've never met, but I feel like I've been on half a dozen cruises with her!

Thank you for the review! However I like all photo reviews I love em all. And here I am living on the west coast but I fly east! Lol. Awesome that it worked out perfectly for you and your friend. :-). My hubs wants to do riviera again.... I might give it another go around. Different ship, and we will take lil dude next time since he is finally potty trained... Woo!

But I totally agree with you about a little bit longer cruise for first timers to really get the feel for it.... My first one was seven and I would have a hard time doing less than that. Lol.

Hope to meet you someday in our cruising adventures!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hey there! Too bad you couldn't come along for this one since you're on the west coast. The Mexican Riviera is definitely on my list want to do list. My first cruise was a 4 day and my second was 6 days, so I got eased into longer cruises. I agree, it's hard to do anything less than 7 days now, but when I can do a 2-3 day for cheap just for the heck of it, of course I have to. :D

Thanks for your review. I was on this cruise as well. Booked it 2 days before we sailed. :) I am Platinum but my friends I traveled with were not. The Priority line for check in was way longer than the regular line when we arrived. I was in room alone but wanted to check in with my friends in the "shorter" line. That caused a huge problem as my S&S card was already made and was waiting for me in the lounge area. Oops sorry. Anyway it was a cool 2 day get away right before the holidays - especially for having to only pay for the taxes.

Yeah I noticed the priority line was about as long as the regular check in line. I wasn't planning on doing any more traveling this year fresh off my Splendor trip, but like you said this was the perfect quick little getaway. :)

Awesome Review Kim....probably your best one yet ;) :p :) A 2-day cruise would have to be followed up by 2 or 3 more for me :)

Hahaha thanks Brianna! I need to go read your new review after I finish with Jenn's!

Hey lady, so excited that you did another review. Your mini review was great and I enjoyed it, but that was such a tease!!! Personally, I don't think I could do a two day cruise. I would be so upset that I would have to leave after just two days. However at the price you had, Yeah I'd probably go as well.

Hope you and Heather get a chance to do the American Race. My sister was looking for a partner as she loves that type of thing, but me, I'd rather be cruising!!!

Thanks again for stopping by to read! Yeah it was so short we didn't even unpack lol. I looked at the 3-4 days but for whatever reason they just weren't appealing to us. Time wise with our holiday work schedules, this fit in perfect.

Hey Kim, how'd I miss this earlier this week ? I'm slipping. Enjoyed this review as always. That was short but very sweet. It did seem to have a different vibe than the cruises to the Caribbean.

You are one of the reasons I tried Spring Rolls on our Freedom cruise. They were on my list of things other people seem to like that I'd never tried. Well, I ate half of one and decided, YUCK, I don' t understand why anyone likes these. LOL

You will find your corn bread, "shout out," in Part II of my review. Enjoy

One of these days, we must meet for a Chocolate Mocha Getaways.

When you're on the Amazing Race, I'll be yelling, "Hey, I know her! Go, Kim!" And people will ask me how I know you, and I'll be embarrassed and say, we'll, we've never met, but I feel like I've been on half a dozen cruises with her!

This, exactly...

"How do you know her?"

Out loud: "Oh you know, a friend of a friend of a friend"

In my head: "She's one of the imaginary friends who lives in my computer!"

One more thing............

Recently Carnival started to offer 15% off all gift shop/liquor purchases for the first two nights of the cruise. Well this cruise was only two nights. :D

This, exactly...

"How do you know her?"

Out loud: "Oh you know, a friend of a friend of a friend"

In my head: "She's one of the imaginary friends who lives in my computer!"

Hahahahahaha!!!! :D :D :D

When we win the million dollars, I'll be able to book a B2B2B in a suite on the Vista! lol ;)

One more thing............

Recently Carnival started to offer 15% off all gift shop/liquor purchases for the first two nights of the cruise. Well this cruise was only two nights. :D

Surprisingly I didn't buy anything! :rolleyes:

Hey Kim, how'd I miss this earlier this week ? I'm slipping. Enjoyed this review as always. That was short but very sweet. It did seem to have a different vibe than the cruises to the Caribbean.

You are one of the reasons I tried Spring Rolls on our Freedom cruise. They were on my list of things other people seem to like that I'd never tried. Well, I ate half of one and decided, YUCK, I don' t understand why anyone likes these. LOL

You will find your corn bread, "shout out," in Part II of my review. Enjoy

One of these days, we must meet for a Chocolate Mocha Getaways.

Hey Jane! I think I missed yours too even though you told me about it! Ok I need to go look it up before I go to bed tonight. That's funny you didn't like the spring rolls. I'd be ok if they served them and nothing else in the MDR all cruise. lol

I would LOVE to treat you to a mocha chocolate getaway! I think you and my mom might would enjoy chatting onboard. :)

Surprisingly I didn't buy anything! :rolleyes:

Hey Jane! I think I missed yours too even though you told me about it! Ok I need to go look it up before I go to bed tonight. That's funny you didn't like the spring rolls. I'd be ok if they served them and nothing else in the MDR all cruise. lol

I would LOVE to treat you to a mocha chocolate getaway! I think you and my mom might would enjoy chatting onboard. :)

I would love to cruise with you and your mom. When's the next Mother/Daughter cruise planned ? We'd have a good ol' time, I'm sure.

Kim, I have included the link in my signature. The revised edition has the link to Part II where I share the corn bread. LOL

Edited by Delta Dear

Well thanks for reading! I started reading your Sunshine review. I need to go finish reading it tonight. :p

Hey Monicia! Those are two of my favorites too, as you already know. lol :D Tell your sister I said hi!

I will tell her hello for you. Been having withdrawals from those since Splendor. We can't wait for your Magic review. We decided we are going on the Magic for Halloween this year & going on the Breeze in 2016.

I've been out of Long Beach to Ensenada on the 3-day more times than I can count (I have to look at my signature for an actual count! LOL!) and it's awesome to follow along. I've never done the 2-day, because I'd be disgusted at how fast it would go. I've not been on the Imagination, but it's identical to the Inspiration, so it's like being onboard right there with you.

If you do another Ensenada trip, check into the zipline/canopy tour. It's not offered through Carnival, but it IS worth it...I've done it twice and it's a blast (and cheap!)! I was reading your recent Splendor review and saw that you're into physical excursions (loved that extreme challenge you did) and am actually inspired to finally get the courage to do a 5K myself sometime soon! Anyway, google Las Canadas in Ensenada and check it out for next time. :)

Anyway, I read yours and Jamman's (I think that's his name) Splendor reviews for some good info for my next trip from New York to San Juan in May...very fun and informative. Thanks again!

And....YES...it's chilly in So Cal in December...shouldn't be, but it is...and overcast more than necessary, too! :rolleyes:

Hi Gapearl, I just love reading your reviews. I am traveling solo and recently booked the Valor for March 27th, going to several locations you have described in your previous review. Based on that review I would like to make 2 stops in San Juan, PR. EL Escobar (or something like that-lol) beach and Genesis Restaurant (or some other local nearby). Are these locations near the port/ship and either within a short walking distance (can't walk too long) or perhaps I take a bus or public transportation to these locations. Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Edited by gizmo911

Oh Gapearl..your revies are a delight..thank you and have a wonderful time gettinh that show...I had a fun time too following the trail on the cornbread..I like anykind..my grandma even used to make an old pioneer souffle/pudding of sorts..but nothing..cornbread or souffle was runny like that..LOL.

I love that trip..I did the 4 day to catalina and Ensenada and understand why foks that live there just do alot to enjoy the whole cruise thing and keep it easy and simple..I had the best time on that cruise and so glad it is falling in place for folks still...wow..2 days is short..but why not!! If it works out..

I will keep visualizing and praying for you two making Amazing Race...I don't watch those shows much but now is the time for you to win and go..my best..

Sarah

• 4 months later...

Hey Kim!

Just wanted to say that this was yet another great review! I have read it before and I knew it was short. What is there to do in Ensenada? What are some of the mainstream tours? I have heard of some not-so-safe action in Western Mexico, is this the case in Ensenada? Are there any beaches here, any water attractions?

Talking with a friend in LA, and considering tacking this onto my land trip out there soon. He's never been on a cruise, which should be fun! Another quick question, what are the big differences in the Imagination and Inspiration? Both cruises are the same and cost the same, so what is the real difference, other than interior design?

Thanks so much!!! :D

PS- How is the Amazing Race gig going!? :p

Edited by cruisexlife

Check out the Mexican a Riviera board for ideas. It's not so much a beach or water town. The Pacific is cold. At times there is a kayak tour to the Bufadora.

Many like the wine tour. The Bufadora is good to do once. It's best at high tide.

We like to eat. Lots of very good restaurants in and near the tourist area.

Edited by SadieN

I've seriously gotta turn on email notifications or something and keep up with my reviews' comments! :o

Hello

Hello! Welcome to Cruise Critic! :)

I would love to cruise with you and your mom. When's the next Mother/Daughter cruise planned ? We'd have a good ol' time, I'm sure.

Kim, I have included the link in my signature. The revised edition has the link to Part II where I share the corn bread. LOL

I think the two of you would have a good time together! We might have to set that up for next year. :) Again happy birthday! You're gonna love being 21! :D

I will tell her hello for you. Been having withdrawals from those since Splendor. We can't wait for your Magic review. We decided we are going on the Magic for Halloween this year & going on the Breeze in 2016.

Hey Monicia! Too bad we'll miss each other on the Magic this year. We had a lot of fun on Splendor last year. A Halloween cruise sounds like a lot of fun!

I've been out of Long Beach to Ensenada on the 3-day more times than I can count (I have to look at my signature for an actual count! LOL!) and it's awesome to follow along. I've never done the 2-day, because I'd be disgusted at how fast it would go. I've not been on the Imagination, but it's identical to the Inspiration, so it's like being onboard right there with you.

If you do another Ensenada trip, check into the zipline/canopy tour. It's not offered through Carnival, but it IS worth it...I've done it twice and it's a blast (and cheap!)! I was reading your recent Splendor review and saw that you're into physical excursions (loved that extreme challenge you did) and am actually inspired to finally get the courage to do a 5K myself sometime soon! Anyway, google Las Canadas in Ensenada and check it out for next time. :)

Anyway, I read yours and Jamman's (I think that's his name) Splendor reviews for some good info for my next trip from New York to San Juan in May...very fun and informative. Thanks again!

And....YES...it's chilly in So Cal in December...shouldn't be, but it is...and overcast more than necessary, too! :rolleyes:

Yes the 2 day went CRAZY fast! If it wasn't practically free, I don't think I would have done it. I wish they'd offer this deal again this year so I could go again. I have yet to do a zipline/canopy tour, but I definitely will one of these days. it's high at the top of my list!

You can absolutely do a 5k! I'm doing the Peachtree Road Race here in Atlanta July 4. It's the largest 10k in the world with 60,000 runners. I'm very tentatively planning to run the Miami marathon in January and then board the ship immediately after. I say very tentatively because it will totally depend on how my training goes the rest of the year. I might end up doing just the half marathon, but then I might cancel the marathon recovery cruise I've already booked and go to Costa Rica for a couple of weeks instead. I guess just stay tuned.....

Thanks for taking the time to read my reviews!

Hi Gapearl, I just love reading your reviews. I am traveling solo and recently booked the Valor for March 27th, going to several locations you have described in your previous review. Based on that review I would like to make 2 stops in San Juan, PR. EL Escobar (or something like that-lol) beach and Genesis Restaurant (or some other local nearby). Are these locations near the port/ship and either within a short walking distance (can't walk too long) or perhaps I take a bus or public transportation to these locations. Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Hi Gizmo! Well since I'm a little late to give you any advice, I'll ask how was your cruise and did you get to do everything you wanted to do?

Oh Gapearl..your revies are a delight..thank you and have a wonderful time gettinh that show...I had a fun time too following the trail on the cornbread..I like anykind..my grandma even used to make an old pioneer souffle/pudding of sorts..but nothing..cornbread or souffle was runny like that..LOL.

I love that trip..I did the 4 day to catalina and Ensenada and understand why foks that live there just do alot to enjoy the whole cruise thing and keep it easy and simple..I had the best time on that cruise and so glad it is falling in place for folks still...wow..2 days is short..but why not!! If it works out..

I will keep visualizing and praying for you two making Amazing Race...I don't watch those shows much but now is the time for you to win and go..my best..

Sarah

Hi Sarah! I know you've been following along for a while and I enjoy seeing comments from you. I'm quite sure there will be another cornbread post in the next review. :D Thanks for all the well wishes.

Hey Kim!

Just wanted to say that this was yet another great review! I have read it before and I knew it was short. What is there to do in Ensenada? What are some of the mainstream tours? I have heard of some not-so-safe action in Western Mexico, is this the case in Ensenada? Are there any beaches here, any water attractions?

Talking with a friend in LA, and considering tacking this onto my land trip out there soon. He's never been on a cruise, which should be fun! Another quick question, what are the big differences in the Imagination and Inspiration? Both cruises are the same and cost the same, so what is the real difference, other than interior design?

Thanks so much!!! :D

PS- How is the Amazing Race gig going!? :p

You must be super bored these days. LOL

On my first visit to Ensenada back in 2007, I booked a Carnival excursion to a beach club an hour away. It was September and the water was COLD. There are some horseback riding tours and regular city tours for $20-30 that also stop at a geyser. But honestly, I didn't pay attention to what all was available since we weren't planning anything.

Heather and I have not applied for The Amazing Race, but we did hang out in Vegas last month for a couple of days. She lost $160 on the blackjack table, had the nerve to make fun of me playing the slot machine, but then I won $85! She said she will never hate on the slots again! :p I don't know if you've watched the current season, but it was a show of couples, including several "blind dates" of singles that met for the first time at the start line. They were casting for singles for the next season, but if I was chosen filming would start in May or June and that would interfere with my Magic cruise. Now if it was just me, I wouldn't care about cancelling, but I couldn't do that to my family looking forward to this trip. So maybe another time!

If anyone reading knows someone who knows someone who works in casting for The Amazing Race, please send them to my reviews! :)

Check out the Mexican a Riviera board for ideas. It's not so much a beach or water town. The Pacific is cold. At times there is a kayak tour to the Bufadora.

Many like the wine tour. The Bufadora is good to do once. It's best at high tide.

We like to eat. Lots of very good restaurants in and near the tourist area.

I'd love to do the wine tour if I ever do a Mexican cruise again.

Hey Kim,

Thanks for the birthday greetings. You and your mom should join us on the Pride on 11-15-15 from Baltimore. Not the most exciting itinerary, but good price and best of all we can be at the port in less than two hours. No flight, no hotel, just jump in the car and go. Believe it or not, it was Morgan's idea. He said, " I need a cruise." Yippee !

Edited by Delta Dear

• 4 weeks later...

I have just finished reading all of your reviews. Now I'll have to find another way to pass my time until my next cruise in October. I'm going on the Magic so hopefully you will go first so I can read your review before I go.

I've loved all of your reviews. You have so much fun. Thanks for sharing!

I have just finished reading all of your reviews. Now I'll have to find another way to pass my time until my next cruise in October. I'm going on the Magic so hopefully you will go first so I can read your review before I go.

I've loved all of your reviews. You have so much fun. Thanks for sharing!

Hi there, and welcome to cruise critic! Thanks for taking the time to read my reviews. I'm glad you enjoyed them all. I leave for the Magic in 8 days! :D I usually get started on my reviews within a couple of days of returning home, so it'll be done way before you sail. Be on the lookout for it soon! :)