Prickley Pear Island

fedexretiree

This excursion was the highlight of our 14 day cruise. Celebrity may drop it due to the kitchen conditions, but the beach, water and snorkeling are not to be missed. True we spend about $100 each to go and, didn't get to eat the food, but we didn't care becuase of the beauty of the spot. Celebrity did refund half the price which we nice. I say "go" and bring a few snacks and water shoes.

Kitchen Conditions.

A representative from the Celebrity Excursions Department joined us on the excursion. Apparently some passengers had complained about the "rustic" atmosphere of the island. She inspected the cooking area, which was really a shack with a butane burner, and found it lacking. It did not meet the "Celebrity standards". So, the Celebrity passengers were not permitted to eat the food. The other cruiseline passengers did, but we did not. So it was a day of drinking at an open bar with no food. No complaints here. :D

I did not personally inspect the cooking conditions, but I'm sure it would have met my standard. It's hard to believe that people complained about this location. The beauty and rugged surroundings made it unique.

I say bring a snack as a just in case measure. However, even with this mishap, I'd do it all over again.

Got it, thank you for the clarification. Those conditions are about what I'd expect the kitchen on a deserted island to be lol. Hopefully Royal doesn't add that restriction as well, I'll have to keep an eye on the excursion reviews.

The photos on the link you provided are dated. Looks like from 2005. I believe the island was hit by a large storm since then and the buildings are worse for the wear. No offers of a message. I attempted to attach a few photos, but no sure how they will appear.

I was there for the water. As long as I felt safe, and I did, I didn't care about the rest. Very nice staff. Friendly and helpful. I would say a bit of a sense of adventure would be helpful, but not necessary. The water is warm and shallow. The coral reef is very close and easy to reach.

213631220_antiguapricklypear2.jpg.194bdc3e39af10da3e25381d72b18c3c.jpg

865574052_antiguapricklypear.jpg.36b51057b99405c7eed06a0a2ae449ba.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
Looks like Royal dropped this excursion, they cancelled me out and refunded my money. Any suggestions for a similar day?

I booked directly with Miguel..I am sure that the excursion will be cheaper and longer than doing it with the ship anyway. pricklypearisland.com

when are you going? We will be there in April