Pitcairn Island - Marina, Dec 28, 2014

stretchslr

On our Marina trip, of course we did not tender to Pitcairn.

I spoke with someone from the island and he confided that a ship the size of the Marina has no chance of ever offloading that many people to the island.

They are always prepared (with the long boats loaded) to come out to the ship and visit, regardless of the weather or sea conditions. :cool:

On our cruise from Buenos Aires to Valparaiso, one of the "ports" was Laguna San Rafael. There is an excursion there, called Laguna San Rafael by Catamaran. There were folks on our cruise who complained because they could not get off and walk around. The "port" is in the middle of an isolated lagoon, and the excursion is by a catamaran that picks people up off the ship and returns them to the ship. I suppose the folks who complained about not being allowed to leave the ship independently thought they could walk on water...which is about how I assess them.

On our Marina trip, of course we did not tender to Pitcairn.

I spoke with someone from the island and he confided that a ship the size of the Marina has no chance of ever offloading that many people to the island.

They are always prepared (with the long boats loaded) to come out to the ship and visit, regardless of the weather or sea conditions. :cool:

We were on Regent Mariner In February and were scheduled to tender. The swells were so bad that the people of Pitcairn would not bring their long boats out to the ship. In fact, they never brought them out of storage. The captain circled the island so we could view it and headed on to Easter Island.

Edited by findacruise
clarification