Weigh-in ~ 8/25/05

WeirdEyes

I lost 2 pounds since last week! I am now 135.5 pounds! My initial goal was to make it down to 135 and I am just about there. Now I'll see if I can get to 130. But anything off at this point I will consider lucky!!

Bonnie

WOOOO HOOOO!!! Congrats on being so close to your goal Bonnie!!!:cool: I sounds like that intense workout has really been the key to your weight loss. Will you be able to keep up that schedule once school starts?

Yes, I will be able to work out 6 days a week even during the school year. I started working out intensely when my son was 6 weeks old, in the end of February, and I worked from that point until June when the year ended, and had no problem. I was very lucky because my son started sleeping through the night at 6 weeks old, so that helped! The only thing that will be different is that I can't work out first thing in the morning once I start work again. I will have to be at work at either 7AM or 7:40AM, so it's not possible. But the latest I will arrive home is 3PM, possibly more like 2PM if I am on the earlier session, so I will do it in the afternoon. My son loves to watch me! He laughs and giggles and smiles at me the whole time and I talk to him while I exercise. So it's like spending time with him, and I feel it doesn't take away from him!

I can also work out after he goes to bed at 8:30. But I prefer afternoons because he seems entertained by it, and afternoons are my worst eating time, between 3PM and dinner. So if I exercise instead, I kill time between arriving home and dinner, and I get a workout too!

Right now I am focusing more on my measurements. I have lost nearly 6 inches off my waist since the end of February, and slightly over 5 inches off my hips. I went from a size 14 to a 6/8 and I am working on being a 4/6 again! I want my 26.5" waist back and I am less than 2 inches away!

-Bonnie

:) OMG, a 14 to a six? That's amazing. What an inspiration you are! I don't feel good in the morning (stiff and grumpy:mad: ) so I never follow through on any morning workout commitments...about 3pm is right when I get off work. Someone once told me that's the least effective time to work out...I can't remember who, and they obviously weren't that "in the know", but that sure doesn't seem to be the case with you!:) .

This is what I said on the treadmill last night...."cruise, cruise, cruise, cruise, cruise, cruise..."

I didn't know if I should wait until Thursday to report my weigh-in from Monday. But I'm so excited to find that this Weight Watchers thing just might work. I weighed in at 176 pounds yesterday, that's a four pound loss for me. Can I keep this up? It was interesting to hear others talk about water retention and how the first few pounds you lose is water. I would believe it to be true if I could just retain a little bit of water but I don't retain water at all. As soon as I take a sip of any liquid item or eat a nice juicy piece of fruit take a guess where I need to head as quickly as possible.

Lady Vidora, I never heard of an "ineffective" time to work out. I mean, it is better to work out on an empty stomach, either first thing in the morning or about 3 hours after your last meal or snack, for maximum fat burning. But for people that need to eat a little something an hour or so before working out (if they get lightheaded or something like that), that is fine too and they will still see great results. The website I use to order the workouts I do (beachbody.com) has a diet and support center with message boards where fitness advisors and the trainers from the videos answer common questions (they also schedule chats with them). The experts have told me that any time you have the time to work out is a good time. If you can't do the ideal and work out on an empty stomach, that is fine too. And they did not give a time that is least effective to exercise. When I started out 6 weeks after my son was born, I worked out in the evening, an hour and a half after eating dinner, and I lost an inch off my waist the first week! Enough said!

Bonnie

Oh you do beachbody? That's so cool! I have poor health right now so I haven't been able to keep up with it but when I was doing it I definitely saw a big change! Which program are you doing.. the power 90 or slim in 6..? I know there's more then that but those seem to be the most popular.

:)

Archived