Wrigley80's Excellent Adventure on the Dream Photo Review - December 4-15, 2014

wrigley80

Love your reviews as always, thanks so much for taking the time to do them!

Thank You so much. They are time consuming but fun as well

Thanks for your review and photos, looking forward to more.

Thank You. Were you on this cruise??? I remember you posting in our roll call for quite some time

A fun time you will definitely have at Mardi Gras. :D That was always my favorite time of year there. I am enjoying your review so far. The pictures you have from New Orleans remind of the things I loved about living there.

Yeah I can't wait. I've got my beads ready. I know it is going to be a fun time...I can't wait to spend time with friends.

I would love to live in New Orleans or Baton Rouge area....I've got so many friends down there. I have more friends there than where I live :rolleyes:

Beautiful pics and loving the review. We are considering the Dream out of Nola vs the Breeze out of Miami May2015, can't wait to see/hear more!

I don't think you could go wrong with either ship. I have never been on the Breeze but I am looking at it for March

Read your Imagination and Sunshine review yesterday... And am happy that you have started this one... Thanks for sharing your vacations with us all... :)

That was a looooonnnngggg review. Hopefully you will enjoy this one as well

Good to see you back, Brianna! :) I'm loving your New Orleans pics, that's definitely a city I hope to visit one day. Looking forward to hearing about your cruise (and seeing those crazy hats, too)! :cool::eek::D

Heather

Thank You Heather. Yes you definitely need to visit New Orleans....it is an amazing city with so much to offer. Oh yeah we definitely had some crazy hats....just wait until you see what we wore :eek:

Now one of my favorite bars to go to in New Orleans is the Tropical Isle....a visit to New Orleans isn't complete until you've had a hand grenade. Anyone who has had a hand grenade will tell you that they pack quite a punch

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers140_zps3db558c9.jpg

There are multiple locations for Tropical Isle along Bourbon Street but my favorite location is this one at 721 Bourbon Street

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers142_zps90db3dcd.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers143_zps5ad820a8.jpg

We weren't planning on stopping here in the afternoon because we were having our pre-cruise meet and greet here that night but there was an open parking spot right out front so we had to stop....haha

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers144_zps0ee0f6f1.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers146_zps555f22ec.jpg

Hand Grenade Flavored Condom....now there's something that you would only find on Bourbon Street :eek:

So after all of our travels and adventures around New Orleans during the morning and afternoon we decided to help back to the hotel around 3:30 for a while to rest up for our night cap. I had planned a pre-cruise meet and greet at Tropical Isle for our roll call for 6:00 pm. You're never sure how many people will show up but it is a great way to get to meet one another before we get on the ship.

Did you watch the Notre Dame game yesterday vs. LSU....I had a little wager with all my Louisiana friends. Now when I go down to New Orleans for Mardi Gras they all have to buy me a drink :p

Hopefully the Cubs will be a better team this year....I sure hope so. They haven't even been fun to watch the last couple years.

Btw my dog's name is Wrigley....hence the reason for the Wrigley80 screen name

We didn't get to watch it because of work but we recorded it and watched highlights. My poor cubbies... I hope the have a good year as well. Go cubs go!

We didn't get to watch it because of work but we recorded it and watched highlights. My poor cubbies... I hope the have a good year as well. Go cubs go!

Yeah I watched it at work yesterday and then re-watched it last night. It was definitely a great game. And I'm sure the Cubbies will have a better 2015 season

Sorry I didn't get any photos posted today. It was a late night and a rough morning [emoji16][emoji12][emoji16][emoji12] but we definitely had fun ringing in 2015. I am uploading some more pics so I'll be back on in the morning to continue on with my photo review

Edited by wrigley80

Happy New Year Brianna and family! Thank you so much for taking the time to do this review. I always enjoy following along and seeing how much fun you and your dad can pack into your trips. I have only been able to spend a day in New Orleans. It was a cruise port on my first Carnival cruise on the Sensation. We sailed from Tampa to Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and New Orleans. Cruising up the Mississippi River is something I will never forget. I would love to do a cruise from New Orleans one of these days with a few days before/after to enjoy the city.

Pat

I clicked in on your review, not knowing you or seen any of your previous reviews, but curious about cruising from NO. I had seen on a post here about sailing down the River, which for some reason, didn't realize that would be the way you sailed out of NO. Well after seeing your fantastic photos and your pre-cruise activities, I am booking when we sail on Breeze in a couple of weeks! Thank you for a great review and can't wait for more!

Happy New Year and thrilled to have another happy review Brianna...been w/o a computer close to 4 months..so great to be back online....Sarah

Happy New Year to you and yours...Sarah

Well you come back online at the most perfect time. We don't realize how much we rely on the internet until we don't have it....:rolleyes: :p

Happy New Year to you as well

Aw.w.w.w.....we are leaving in the morning for New Orleans to board the Dream on Sunday. I have been anxious to see all your pictures as this is our first time on the Dream. Oh well. Thanks for your review so far.

Sorry I didn't get to the cruise pics. I guess I took more pre-cruise pics in New Orleans than I thought. You will love your cruise on the Dream....and now you can go into it with wide eyes. You won't see pics of the ship first hand :)

Happy New Year Brianna and family! Thank you so much for taking the time to do this review. I always enjoy following along and seeing how much fun you and your dad can pack into your trips. I have only been able to spend a day in New Orleans. It was a cruise port on my first Carnival cruise on the Sensation. We sailed from Tampa to Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and New Orleans. Cruising up the Mississippi River is something I will never forget. I would love to do a cruise from New Orleans one of these days with a few days before/after to enjoy the city.

Pat

Happy New Year to you as well. Thank You for checking out my review. Wow...I can't believe that New Orleans was a Port of Call at one point. I would love to see the trip down the Mississippi River in the day light because there is so much to see.

I see that you are cruising on the Pride this weekend....enjoy your cruise. I heard that the Pride is just gorgeous after the 2.0 upgrades

I clicked in on your review, not knowing you or seen any of your previous reviews, but curious about cruising from NO. I had seen on a post here about sailing down the River, which for some reason, didn't realize that would be the way you sailed out of NO. Well after seeing your fantastic photos and your pre-cruise activities, I am booking when we sail on Breeze in a couple of weeks! Thank you for a great review and can't wait for more!

Awwwww thank you. Well when you cruise down the Mississippi River be sure to think of me. It is a fun ride with so many twists and turns....I would love to see it in the day light. Enjoy your cruise on the Carnival Breeze in a couple weeks.

I love your profile name. I'm sure you weren't pleased with yesterdays game vs. Wisconsin but at least you got some redemption last night with the Alabama loss :D

Before I get back to my review....I just want to say HAPPY NEW YEAR to all my cruising friends. May you all be blessed with health, happiness, and more cruises in 2015.

Now back to the review......

We had a pre-cruise meet and greet at the Tropical Isle. Now when you arrange for these you're never sure how many people will actually show up. We had 10 people come to the meet and greet which isn't great but it was a fun group and we definitely had a fun time with our hand grenades

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers154_zpsccaffef0.jpg

See the guy in the Saints shirt. He was so nice. We got talking about football and bought me my first hand grenade and slipped me his phone number :)

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers155_zps7d74e12a.jpg

WHOA....what happened to the rest of Sponge Bob

Now there was a band playing at Tropical Isle downstairs and they were awful and it was so loud that we couldn't talk so one guy went upstairs to check out the balcony. The balcony was open and there wasn't anyone out there....we had it all to ourselves

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers157_zpsee586a4c.jpg

Now when I think New Orleans....this is what I imagined. Sitting up on a balcony over Bourbon Street and throwing beads to people on the street

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers156_zpse0f3a372.jpg

People on the balcony across the street from us. They had boxes full of beads and the girls on the streets were definitely earning their beads :eek:

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers159_zps989c2048.jpg

Me, Amanda (in the Key West shirt), and Debbie. I knew Amanda from our previous cruise on the Sunshine last year when our Krewe come together.

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers161_zpsd3b812ed.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers163_zps781215d2.jpg

I loved this guys sign. It was pure genius....haha. And of course we threw him a dollar from our balcony

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers167_zps365a89ce.jpg

I think it's safe to say that we were having a fun time

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers171_zps9de70490.jpg

Bourbon Street is getting a little more crowded

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers172_zps8bd4ecb2.jpg

Bye Bye Tropical Isle...until next time.