Walking from Fulton Garage To Cruise Terminal

Raxter54

We will be parking our car at the Fulton Garage in NOLA. I know they have shuttle buses, but I was wondering if there is a way to walk to the cruise terminal *thru* the Convention Center. DW and I will each have a rolling suitcase, the walk shouldn't be too bad if we can go thru the Convention Center instead of around it. Don't like having to depend on a shuttle bus that may have an irregular schedule...

We will be parking our car at the Fulton Garage in NOLA. I know they have shuttle buses, but I was wondering if there is a way to walk to the cruise terminal *thru* the Convention Center. DW and I will each have a rolling suitcase, the walk shouldn't be too bad if we can go thru the Convention Center instead of around it. Don't like having to depend on a shuttle bus that may have an irregular schedule...

Each time I have used Fulton Garage, there has always been a shuttle waiting for us by the time we got to the ground floor.

We parked at the Fulton Street garage last year when cruising on the NCL Star. We took the shuttle to the terminal because it was far easier. The shuttle was waiting for us and it dropped us off right at the porters. In hind sight, walking would have been difficult because we would have had to walk to the porters and there does not seem to be a side walk along the terminal. The flow of people into the terminal seems to start at the porters. So using the shuttle makes it much easier.

After the cruise, we walked from the terminal to the Fulton Street garage. The walk was fairly easy. We departed from the end of the terminal by Julia Street. The only odd part was walking over the railroad tracks to the sidewalk along Julia Street. Then it was a simple walk to the parking garage. The shuttle probably would have been easier but the walk was very easy. Hope this help.

Can anyone tell me the address & phone # of the Futon street Garage in New Orleans, also how much to park per day.

Here is the website for the parking company:

http://www.neworleansparking.com/lots.asp

I'm paying a total of $76.68 for rooftop parking for my cruise. Type in the address (901 Convention Center Blvd) into Google Maps or Google Earth to see how close it is to the cruise terminal.

Edited by Raxter54