Galveston/Houston cruises

ALR1023

I am trying to decide between cruise lines for March 2015. RC, Carnival, Princess, and Norweigan all have 7 night cruises during the week we are looking. RC may be $1000 more expensive than the other 3 for that week. I think I like the itineraries for RC and Carnival the most. There will be 2 adults and 2 kids age 7, 10. We've cruised RC once and loved it and Carnival out of New Orleans once and were not as impressed. The Carnival ship out of Galveston is the Freedom and looks like it has been updated recently and may be better than our New Orleans ship.

Any suggestions? It's great to have all 4 options!

Why are you booking the cruise? If the ship is just transportation to the ports, book the itinerary that gives you best time in the ports you like. If you want to keep the kids entertained, book the RC ship. If you like cheap with hairy-chest contests poolside, book Carnival. Norwegian just wasn’t a fit for us and I don’t remember why but we did like the informal dining setup. We happen to like Princess but that is just us (and our kids are 30+).

Keep in mind that March is college spring break time and cruises are a hot spring break destination.

Thanks for your response Paul and Marilyn. I think we have narrowed it down to the Carnival Freedom and Emerald Princess. The Royal Caribbean cruise would be about $1000 more for an inside room because it is spring break week and that is just silly to pay more because they know people are willing to do it. So we are trying to decide between key west, Nassau, and Freeport on carnival and Belize city, Roatan, and Cozumel on Princess. We've been to Cozumel on prior cruises-not anything I have to see again considering we've snorkeled Ambergris Caye, Belize and spent several weeks in St. John over the last several years. But we missed zip lining and cave tubing Belize when we went because of where we were staying so that would be an option in Belize City. But we want the ship to be fun too-it is not just about ports. Above all I want to make sure the kids are entertained enough to WANT to go to the kids club when the adults want to do our own thing. Our last carnival cruise was years ago but the kids weren't impressed-they were probably 3 and 6 at the time. There was less to do than at their daycare. That is the only kids camp they have ever really balked at. They have loved the San Luis night camp and disney kids clubs since then.

Edited by ALR1023
Spelling