Cruise Q603 Sydney to Hong Kong

Shiver Metimbers

Hi, that Q603 Sydney to HK is still showing on Cunard in Australia as I just checked. The dates you listed is different from the 2 that I see though. There is one 18 days 21 Feb - 10 Mar and the other is 38 days 21 Feb to 30 Mar. Maybe they are just having an issue, but I have been following our cruise Q503 for 16 months and have seen certain segments come and go a lot over those months.

Edited by alibabacruisers

If the OP is sailing in March 2015 that voyage would be in the Q500 series. So final payment date is approaching when promotions would likely be offered depending on how well or poorly full freight bookings are doing.

If it's Q603 that's in March 2016 (which is also showing up on the US site) - over a year out an unlikely promotions would be offered this early.

Prices can be all over the map. Last October (12-day NY-Canada-NY) at times a Q6 was $1 less than a P1, plenty of Britannia Clubs were available when these tend to sell out very early, and a balcony less then the lowest category inside.

Edited by BlueRiband

The dates you gave are for Q503. Sydney to Hong Kong is not showing on the website. I would suggest calling Cunard and ask if that segment is available. There were a number of people on the 2014 World Voyage that were doing segments not listed on the website.

Check back later.

All Carnival Corp brands share the POLAR booking system. It uses algorithms to monitor and predict booking patterns for every voyage.

If the system sees that a certain category of cabin is selling above a preset level, people who are already booked in that category are automatically upgraded to a higher category that is not selling as well. POLAR will then release those previously sold cabins to be sold again. This allows Cunard to maximize fare revenues on every sailing.

Unfortunately it is nearly impossible to predict which categories will be most popular on any given voyage. And the most popular categories can change very frequently.

It is possible to play the waiting game until it is too late. Your voyage can sell out or you will be left with guarantee stateroom locations that nobody wants for good reason. You have to decide if the chance of a lower price is worth the trade off in losing choice of location and dining time.

Thank you Blue Riband, one of the better answers I have seen to any thread. It does look like Q503 will be a sell out as the lower rate cabins have gone and only the higher rate ones still available, not seen this before. However I do have a bit flexibility on myside and I am watching other South Pacific Cruises, some with other cruise lines but would prefer Cunard.