Antarctica with Iguazu Falls

sasset

Thanks! I'll make sure we pay it before we leave. And make sure we go back before 10 yrs ;)
There are lots of interesting things to see and do in Argentina, so it is worth a return trip (I have been there 5 times). The Argentine economy is mostly a house of cards, and prices in US$ vary enormously depending on where they are in their economic cycle. In 1980 B.A. was the most expensive city in the world (ahead of London, Paris, Tokyo, New York, etc); I was there in 1983 and could live as a tourist comfortably on US$10/day. Argentina had three devaluations between 1980 and 1985, totaling one BILLION to one!, and there were devaluations before and after that. In the 1990s it became expensive again, only to crash in 2002. Try to schedule your trip after their next crash (that is when, not if:rolleyes:). And do NOT invest in Argentine bonds (no, I never have).

Thom

We must have had to show our reciept for the fee 6 times before we even got on the plane to fly to Buenos Aires. To there credit, the airlines want to make sure you will be admited.

I second that. One couple held the flight up for a bit because they could find the receipt for one of them.