Football games and the Getaway/Jan 10

may1021

We are going on the Getaway on 1/10. This is the day for the play off game for the NE Patriots. Other years we have been on HAL and they do a wonderful football event where game is shown in one of their entertainment venues and they have mini buffet with sandwiches and munchies. I am praying that NCL just has the game on. Anyone have experience with playoff games and NCL? We are sailing at 4 and game is on at 4:35. Thanks.

We have been onboard for Monday Night Football, playoff games and superbowls before with NCL. They usually have the game showing on a big screen area of some sort, atrium or theater (or bar areas), as well as the tv in your room. For the superbowl a few years ago they had it in the theater and had all kinds of "tailgate" foods available along with buckets of beer in helmets (for purchase of course).

Our beloved Lions are in the playoffs and hopefully we will have the same "problem" of having to watch the game onboard. :)

We were on the Getaway in November and the Patriots played on the Sunday night Football game that was televised. It was shown in O'Sheehans and on the TV in the cabin. Interesting fact we found out - Captain Tommy of the Getaway is a huge Patriots fan! We had a couple of conversations with him during the cruise about the game/team!!

Let me know how things turn out. I will be on Getaway during the Super Bowl. Being from MA myself, I am hoping to have the same issue in watching the Pats play ;);) Either way I am looking forward to watching the game while on board.

Neil

on Gem this past week, we were able to see ALL NFL games in our stateroom TV on ESPN and also in atrium and they also showed them in Bliss lounge.

ESPN was advertising superbowl broadcast, so I would assume they will be showing it! :)

- SNF game

- sunday games

- MNF game

Edited by RareBird

• 2 weeks later...
We were on the Getaway in November and the Patriots played on the Sunday night Football game that was televised. It was shown in O'Sheehans and on the TV in the cabin. Interesting fact we found out - Captain Tommy of the Getaway is a huge Patriots fan! We had a couple of conversations with him during the cruise about the game/team!!

The only Captain Tommy I care about is the one with No. 12 on his back. Can't someone from NCL tell us if the game will be carried onboard the Getaway Jan. 10?

From past experience the games are always shown. We usually cruise the 3rd week of January and have always watched the playoffs when the Patriots are playing. We are on the SUN next week and as long as the Patriots win this Saturday we will be watching the playoff game next week after sailaway. Can hardly wait. Also from past experience they usually have hot dogs, popcorn, and I think some other stuff. Have fun this week. Go go Pats!!!!