Equinox cabin mattresses

1turbodog

We just returned from the Royal Princess on March 19th. The mattress was excellent, as one would expect from a new ship. We eventually decided to take the Royal Princess rather than the originally planned Celebrity Equinox cruise for several reasons...liked the itinerary, new ship, and the price of the cruise was a no brainer. The cruise was a great success in all respects. In any event, based upon this string and various other board comments, I would have to assume the overall mattress quality and therefore longevity on Celebrity is a step above Princess. Also, I did contact Celebrity, and was told mattresses on the Equinox are original, are "flipped" after every cruise, and would be changed out at the next dry dock, which may be next year if I remember correctly. Would still very much consider the Equinox Panama Canal as an option.

We just returned from the Royal Princess on March 19th. The mattress was excellent, as one would expect from a new ship. We eventually decided to take the Royal Princess rather than the originally planned Celebrity Equinox cruise for several reasons...liked the itinerary, new ship, and the price of the cruise was a no brainer. The cruise was a great success in all respects. In any event, based upon this string and various other board comments, I would have to assume the overall mattress quality and therefore longevity on Celebrity is a step above Princess. Also, I did contact Celebrity, and was told mattresses on the Equinox are original, are "flipped" after every cruise, and would be changed out at the next dry dock, which may be next year if I remember correctly. Would still very much consider the Equinox Panama Canal as an option.

We did the February 27th Royal Princess Caribbean cruise and the 2 previous cruises were on the Equinox. Both my DH and my opinion was that, the celebrity mattress was far superior than the princess's . We asked for an extra pad to be put on and it was still rock hard! The pillows were also awful...we both like thin, soft, feathers and they just don't have those on the Royal Princess. For that reason alone, celebrity gets our business from now on.....sleep is important to us and I just never had a good nights sleep!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk