Niro on Sea Princess

We picked our daughter and her husband up from Sea Princess this morning and they were delayed in is disembarking as there had been Noro virus on board. They were fine except for the usual head colds. They said they couldn't believe people were complaining about being confined to their cabins. Noro is NOT the cruise lines fault but selfish people who go onboard with it and happily spread it all around. Can't believe the number of passengers you see just giving their hands a short wash. We always remember the old saying "sing a verse of Happy Birthday" when washing hands.

We picked our daughter and her husband up from Sea Princess this morning and they were delayed in is disembarking as there had been Noro virus on board. They were fine except for the usual head colds. They said they couldn't believe people were complaining about being confined to their cabins. Noro is NOT the cruise lines fault but selfish people who go onboard with it and happily spread it all around. Can't believe the number of passengers you see just giving their hands a short wash. We always remember the old saying "sing a verse of Happy Birthday" when washing hands.

Noro is not good. I do hope they clean it up for the upcoming cruises.

I must agree about people complaining. It is only for their own good!

Chez

On our very first cruise on Rhapsody seven years ago, RCI impressed us with their routines of hand washing, there were staff at the door of ALL restaurants with the instant wash for everyone at all mealtimes and you couldn't escape - they were good!! During the drill it may have been we were all told about the importance of washing hands after leaving restrooms, of using paper towels to open restroom doors AFTER using the restroom!! Of washing hands with soap for twenty (20) seconds people!! And even then RCI have cases of noro sometimes.

Last year we cruised on Voyager and they are nowhere near as pedantic now - but I continue with these same OTT practices because I know others don't - people cause the Norovirus - not the cruise lines!! But maybe the ships should return to the annoying handwash station attendants being everywhere that people eat??

Edited by Porky55

On our very first cruise on Rhapsody seven years ago, RCI impressed us with their routines of hand washing, there were staff at the door of ALL restaurants with the instant wash for everyone at all mealtimes and you couldn't escape - they were good!! During the drill it may have been we were all told about the importance of washing hands after leaving restrooms, of using paper towels to open restroom doors AFTER using the restroom!! Of washing hands with soap for twenty (20) seconds people!! And even then RCI have cases of noro sometimes.

Last year we cruised on Voyager and they are nowhere near as pedantic now - but I continue with these same OTT practices because I know others don't - people cause the Norovirus - not the cruise lines!! But maybe the ships should return to the annoying handwash station attendants being everywhere that people eat??

I agree with you. I do find Princess are very good about the hand washing and also they have the message repeated on the channel on the TV in the room. There is no excuse!

Chez

When we cruised on P & O pac dawn twice over the last few years, they had staff at all food locations at meal times offering hand sanitiser to all that entered.

It seemed a way to positively reinforce what people should do. I wonder if this should be the norm on all cruise ships as you will also get some grubs that won't do the right thing.

Before our first cruise we read about a hand sanitiser that stayed on for some time after applying, we have used that for all our cruises and will use it on our next cruise in Feb on Carnival Legend. So far we have not had a bug at sea.. so fingers crossed that continues.

Steve

Just back from Xmas New Zealand cruise on Monday

Both my wife & I had "norovirus" during the cruise but the medical staff diagnosed us with "acute gastroenteritis" which to my way of thinking is the same thing. We were still quarantined to our cabin with the cabin being disinfected three times a day. Noro or gastro it still knocked us flat

Quite a few other passengers were sick but towards the end of the cruise it was quite rough and many suffered from seasickness just to confuse matters

It seems the medical staff seem to avoid the term "norovirus" and it was not mentioned on the ship that anyone had norovirus but I do know we had a severe stomach bug that confined us to our cabin

A ship's reputation can be tarnished if an outbreak of norovirus happens on a cruise

I agree that Princess take extraordinary measures to prevent and contain noro and other contagious illnesses and in most cases it is the unthinking,careless and selfish passengers that are the cause of the spreading of these viruses

We have nothing but high praise for the medical staff on Dawn who cared for us while we were sick

Apart from that we had a good cruise

John

Noro is to be blamed on passengers....I will not hold hand rails and always wash my hands and sanitize before eating.... It's so disappointing though when you see people cough and sneeze into their hands and then touch door handles and hand rails.... Best trick I was ever taught was on HAL who showed everyone to cough and sneeze into their elbow/arm this certainly controls some germs ;)

I was just reading that when Pacific Pearl left on its cruise a couple of days ago it was announced that passengers were not allowed to serve themselves for the first 3 days as the ship had not had any cases of noro, and they wanted to keep it that way.

I have noticed that some passengers come in the back end of the buffet as if they are going back for something else, and avoid the sanitiser. Princess does have someone with sanitiser there sometimes but not always.