canaries in march

We went 1st March 2012 and the rough seas in the Atlantic closed nearly all the ports in the Canary Islands for 2 days so we stayed in port in Gran Canaria. It was allegedly the worst storm they had had for years. The weather was warm (lower 20's) and apart from one afternoon it was dry. I went back 5 weeks later because I saw a bargain ...Deck 4 outside plus for less than £500. I think we booked 3 weeks before.

Think it will go lower worth a read of latest The Majesty reviews though.

Sorry, I'm not one to get defensive about a cruise line or get into an argument but....you asked the question "is the majesty as bad as the recent reviews" (or something like that) the other day.

- Firstly, the responses were generally on the positive side in support of the ship/Thomson. There were some minor complaints, but nothing major.

- Secondly, how can you say if it's a decent ship if you haven't been on it yourself recently.

For what it's worth I think Thomson is much better than P&O, especially in terms of the other customers and the staff and entertainment team (and the open seating). Yes, the ship is smaller and less fancy than other lines/ships, but I thought the buffet selection was a lot better than P&O and probably on a par with NCL.

Yes, read the reviews, but take them with a pinch of salt.

On the price front, it could go done, it could go up - just pay a price you are happy with and don't check the prices again! :D

I'm with you 100% cloudy rain! I love thomson ships , there's nothing wrong with them! I've never had a problem on any ships! great staff! food and great A/I drinks, going on dream in 7 days to Caribbean for 2 weeks, and I know I will love it ,

Alex

Go for it! And enjoy. ;)

Thanks kruzseeka,I have and I'm sure I will,to add to some of the above comments,although I did have a few issues last time,they were not enough to put me off going again (obviously)we have been on destiny,spirit and dream. But the majesty is easily our favourite