Celebrity Equinox - Mardi Gras & Caribbean - 20 Feb 2017

Pfeilm

My husband Joe and I (Gregg) have booked this cruise. We've cruised out of New Orleans before, but have never been there for Mardi Gras. I did my first Celebrity cruise recently with Pied Piper on their annual post Thanksgiving cruise and it was really fun, except the ship (Silhouette) was having engine issues, so all of our port times were dramatically shortened. There were 990 Pied Piper guests on this cruise and it appeared most of the straight people had no issue with a large gay group being on board.

Joe has never been on a Celebrity cruise before, but I think he will enjoy it. Really looking forward to spending two nights docked in New Orleans. We love Cozumel and Grand Cayman, but Costa Maya is a total waste of time. May stay on the ship that day and enjoy the hot tubs, etc. If you like snorkeling, Grand Cayman has excellent (and free) snorkeling 1 block away from where you tender in. You just take a few stairs down into the water and you are right on top of the coral reef. You can bring your own gear or rent everything for $18 for the day. They have lockers and food too.

Aloha! Reading the regular roll call for this cruise it's already looking like a fun-filled vacation. It's over two years out and it's one of the busiest forums going. I understand that the ship is also filling fast and that the prices for some cabins just increased by $500. If you know anyone that may have an interest you may wish to pass along the info. There's no doubt that this is going to be a festive time. With a cruise ship as my hotel I may actually remember this one! My earlier Mardi Gras days were 30+ years ago. I know I had a blast... it's just a pity I don't remember most of it. <hic!> Oops!

Why would straight people have problems with Gays? They are some of the most upwardly mobile people in society! DH states that they are society "givers" not "takers" and should be appreciated and respected for that. Not to mention they dress well, many are very artistic and they make the world a more attractive place.

Why would straight people have problems with Gays? They are some of the most upwardly mobile people in society! DH states that they are society "givers" not "takers" and should be appreciated and respected for that. Not to mention they dress well, many are very artistic and they make the world a more attractive place.

There were several complaints made about the large gay group on the ship. I did have a straight women come up to me in the Quasar night club and said, "You are so queer."

Here are two complaints from the Celebrity Cruise Complaint webpage:

Just got off Celebrity Caribbean 7 day cruise. Sailed with them 2 times before and raved about them. No more. MAKE NO MISTAKE - We are not HOMOPHOBES. We choose not to live that lifestyle and we choose not to have it shoved down our throats by over 1,000 flamboyant gays on the ship. Men in leather G-Sting underwear and boa around neck on elevators with children.

Celebrity REFUSES TO LET STRAIGHT GUESTS KNOW when they are having a majority GAY CRUISE THEME. I don't care if you are gay or straight, I want the CHOICE. GO TO Pied Piper cruises to see the upcoming gay cruises with Celebrity. They have a calendar with all future bookings. This is a trend that is making cruise lines a bundle so I would check other gay cruise line sites as well. I can't even tell you what went on... WORST TRIP OF OUR LIVES. We weren't the only ones.

and

As Wendy of Port Charlotte, on Dec. 8, 2014 we were also on the same ship. This Gay theme was never disclosed to anyone. We felt that the ship typical environment completely change. The shows, energy of the ship was transform to uncomfortably atmosphere. Sun bathing, Pool area, bars, shows and dining was overtaken with gay men. WORST CRUISE we also had - this was to be my Vacation. We will never go on Celebrity again. Also we had the specialty dining for 5 days, the quality of the food was of a lower standard than even Holland. This was an Expensive Disappointment.

Celebrity raised the prices again today for this cruise. Ocean View cabins went up by another $200. Add that to the $500 increase from 10 days ago and you get a whopping $700 price increase and we are still over two years out.

Celebrity raised the prices again today for this cruise. Ocean View cabins went up by another $200. Add that to the $500 increase from 10 days ago and you get a whopping $700 price increase and we are still over two years out.

I noticed that! You now get an outside cabin for what I am paying for Aqua Class. The proof will be near when final payment is due or New Orleans has another hurricane.

I have to believe most of the bookings are coming from on board sales with the 123 GO attached to it.

I wouldn't be surprised to see another one in 2018.

Hello everybody. My name is Debra, and I live in Suwanee, GA.

I just booked this cruise, along with a girl friend from Canada.

Looking forward to making this thread the longest in history - since we have so much time !!

Cabin-In-The-Woods, how do I get that cool countdown clock that you have on your posts ?

Bye for now....

Deb

OK, not that I expect this to be a course in HTML, but when I created the countdown it displayed with only the line "vacation countdown" (like your "let the party begin") line, not the box with the countdown. When I click on the vacation countdown line, it takes me back to their site and what I created. Any tips? I tried e-mailing them but that went nowhere. Oh, and it shows up on the right.

Edited by Keys Kathy
studipity

OK, not that I expect this to be a course in HTML, but when I created the countdown it displayed with only the line "vacation countdown" (like your "let the party begin") line, not the box with the countdown. When I click on the vacation countdown line, it takes me back to their site and what I created. Any tips? I tried e-mailing them but that went nowhere. Oh, and it shows up on the right.

Remember to copy all the text in the box after you have entered the requested information and then paste it to your signature block. Must have it all. My problem now is trying to get the countdown clocks side by side since adding yesterday's newly booked Alaska cruise. Don't have the foggies idea why three are listed vertically and the fourth horizontally now. I've messed with it and messed with it. I'll get it though. Maybe with a little help of those wiser and smarter?

P.S. By the time I uploaded my missive it seems you got it! Yea! My turn now.

Edited by Pfeilm
P.S. Addition

It is not the CC countdown that I am having trouble with, but the one Cabin-in-the-woods created. BTW, how did you get them side by side?

My bad! I think ought you were talking about CC's clocks. As for side by side clocks, I had to take out extra spaces between the clocks you want side by side but ensure there is one after the second cruise clock. That ended up putting two side by side and the next two on the next line. I included a space or two between the second and third. It took trial and error since it seemed some of the spaces were "invisible". The goal was to save space on the length of postings. More experienced CC members can probably offer easier and faster ways. Good luck.

If we had "jumped" before prices increased, we would have love to be on board and still would love to join this cruise, but won't do it until last minute, maybe on a last minute "guarantee" cabin, so we'll see :)

Happy sailing,

Jenna

If we had "jumped" before prices increased, we would have love to be on board and still would love to join this cruise, but won't do it until last minute, maybe on a last minute "guarantee" cabin, so we'll see :)

Happy sailing,

Jenna

At the rate these are selling. I doubt there will be any last minute deals because the cruise will sell out. It's over two years out and there are only 17% of cabins remaining. My travel agent still has a few balcony cabins left at the original release price.

email me if you want her info. Click Below on Gregg's Email link.

Gregg's Email

Edited by Cabin-in-the-Woods

At the rate these are selling. I doubt there will be any last minute deals because the cruise will sell out. It's over two years out and there are only 17% of cabins remaining. My travel agent still has a few balcony cabins left at the original release price.

email me if you want her info. Click Below on Gregg's Email link.

Gregg's Email

There are always cancellations, and cabins available after final payment, ESPECIALLY when it sells out this far in advance. It is unlikely to drop in price however, until within 30 days if they can't sell some cabins. It might happen for us, it might not.

I doubt I can convinced the spoiled other half to sail in a balcony, I've asked. Any suites available? :D

Happy sailing,

Jenna

"Cabin in the Woods" - could you please give me your travel agent's e-mail. I tried to get it on your site but it wouldn't go through. I'm Judy at jma225. Thanks

Hello, her name is Pammy and her email is pammy@cruiseplanners.com

She still has some balcony cabins left at the original release price.

Cabin, would you mind giving me a tutorial on how to post your countdown clock? I created it, but cannot publish it in CC.

Sure, look up and to the left for "user cp" an click on that. Then click on "edit signature." In the large box, paste the full html line from the countdown timer. You may have to make some minor adjustments to the html code to get it in the position you want it in, but you will have to play around with it, or just let it appear as written.

• 1 month later...