What to do in Barbados on Sunday?

theflyscotsman

We are in port with NCL Breakaway on a Sunday, 8 am to 4 pm. I'd like to figure out a great day exploring the island for us, since we expect to be "beached out" by this point. I did see the other thread about the shops, but I think we'd like to get further out of the town anyway.

I have Hunte's Gardens, Andromeda, and Harrison's Cave on my list of options, although I'm not sure which we'd find best. What else would we want to do? Of course we'll stroll around town a bit, but I don't think the Agapey chocolate factory or Mount Gay refinery are open for tours on Sundays. Any other suggestions? Thanks for any help!

Edited by theflyscotsman

We are in port with NCL Breakaway on a Sunday, 8 am to 4 pm. I'd like to figure out a great day exploring the island for us, since we expect to be "beached out" by this point. I did see the other thread about the shops, but I think we'd like to get further out of the town anyway.

I have Hunte's Gardens, Andromeda, and Harrison's Cave on my list of options, although I'm not sure which we'd find best. What else would we want to do? Of course we'll stroll around town a bit, but I don't think the Agapey chocolate factory or Mount Gay refinery are open for tours on Sundays. Any other suggestions? Thanks for any help!

Sounds like you have some good plans. I would not want to recommend one of your three options over the other as they are all worthwhile a visit.:) It all comes down to your personal preference.

I don't believe there will be much open downtown on Sunday...even though this will be Getaway's Inaugural visit to the island so you see a lot of fanfare and press at the port.:)

Thanks! I am keeping an open mind, I did put in an email to Tyrone Griffith based on the other threads I saw, since his tour and an afternoon in the Boatyard might be just the trick for us. Hoping to hear back soon! Looking forward to Barbados, for sure!

Mount Gay and Agapey might be closed, but hopefully I'll find a carton of the Mount Gay Rum/Caramel-filled Agapey chocolate bars I saw a picture of... :)

Edited by theflyscotsman

Thanks! I am keeping an open mind, I did put in an email to Tyrone Griffith based on the other threads I saw, since his tour and an afternoon in the Boatyard might be just the trick for us. Hoping to hear back soon! Looking forward to Barbados, for sure!

Mount Gay and Agapey might be closed, but hopefully I'll find a carton of the Mount Gay Rum/Caramel-filled Agapey chocolate bars I saw a picture of... :)

I am positive you will find both those items at the shops in the port.;)