Abu Dhabi Port Day

holidaydude

Yes I've visited AD twice on my own. Never bothered with the HOHO bus, far too expensive compared to taxis.

There is a mandatory port shuttle that takes you just outside the port where you can easily get taxis.

First time I went to Marina. Mall and then spent the afternoon at Emirates Palace Hotel (had prebooked lunch at their Lebanese restaurant). Last time I got a taxi to the Grand Mosque and it is simply stunning. So beautiful and very big. Definitely worth seeing.

Going back for a fourth cruise in this region in March and have not yet decided what to do this time. May go to Yas Island for some time.

The regulations have just changed, and if you are not on an organised excursion, then you can only exit the port via a taxi, or the HOHO bus, which is allowed inside.

The Grand Mosque is amazing, and if you go straight there, you can join a free tour at 10 am, which lasts about 45 mins to an hour and is very informative.

Another good place to visit is the Heritage Village - free entry. This is near to the Marina Mall, and the Corniche.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The regulations have just changed, and if you are not on an organised excursion, then you can only exit the port via a taxi, or the HOHO bus, which is allowed inside.

The Grand Mosque is amazing, and if you go straight there, you can join a free tour at 10 am, which lasts about 45 mins to an hour and is very informative.

Another good place to visit is the Heritage Village - free entry. This is near to the Marina Mall, and the Corniche.

Thanks for the update.

That seems simpler than getting a bus to outside the gates and changing to a taxi. I dare say there will be an additional fee added to the standard metered fare for getting a taxi within the port itself. Think in Dubai it is an extra 25 dirhams or something like that.

I've yet to visit the Heritage village and was considering doing so on this trip. Is it walking distance from there to Marina mall (as I will need to get a taxi afterwards to Emirates Palace)?

You are right - there were already 20 Dirhams on the Meter when we got in at the Port, but there really is no other choice.

As for walking from the Heritage Village to the Mall - this is what we did, but I suppose it depends how much time you have, or how much you like walking. It probably took us about 20 mins Max, and it is a straight road.

Thanks for that twojays.

I mY well walk over to the Mall 20 minutes in March weather is certainly doable, but just in vase I'm running behind schedule, it's good to know there are taxis available at the heritage village.