Regal Cruise 12-14 to 12-21-2014

Starfish10

My review of the Regal Princess from 12-14 to 12-21-2014:

Thank you Leah for hosting a well organized and fun Meet and Greet. We had a good showing of Princess staff and they all commented on Leah’s creative invitations. Job well done Leah.

The ship is beautiful. The Piazza was huge and we really enjoyed the almost constant daily entertainment. The balcony was smaller than on other princess ships but adequate and we loved spending time enjoying the fresh air and the scenery. The shower was larger. The bed was awesome. The steward was very pleasant and extremely efficient. The staff overall was outstanding and very pleasant. Ron Goodman, the cruise director, was energized and extremely charming. The captain, John Foster, was easy to understand and very funny.

The entertainment was the best that we have ever had on any ship. I don’t enjoy the typical entertainment in the Princess Theater so I avoid it, however, David Klinkenberg arrived on the ship in St Thomas and we were able to watch his incredible performance. We really enjoyed the multi-talented husband and wife singers, Gavin & Sandra Starkey, and their band called Evolution. We also enjoyed George Evans with the Kilburn Quartet. His smooth singing is superb. We enjoyed Tom Franek at the Crooner’s Bar. This guy has incredible energy and outstanding creativity. He’s a must see, however, you may have to find a seat in the Piazza since Crooner’s Bar is packed nightly for his outstanding and funny performances.

The food was overall very good to excellent. There were only a few things that could have been better. We ate in the dining room for most dinners, a few breakfasts and a few lunches. We ate at Alfredo’s Pizzeria twice (excellent pizza, salad and soup). We ate at the buffet several times. We enjoyed the coffee bar and ate at the International Café a few times. The freshly made breakfast sandwich from the International Café was excellent. I tend to try new food items and was pleased with a lot of the Caribbean Food selections. I was very pleased with the wide selection and the outstanding quality in the Horizon Court Buffet and the Bistro area. The buffet area is huge and the seating is very good. The omelet station in the buffet offered great omelets and even the pre-cooked omelets in the buffet were excellent. The fish selections were great to outstanding in both the buffet and the dining room. I had a filet mignon one evening in the dining room that was very tender and cooked to perfection. My prime rib was very good, contrary to what I have read and the meat was Not gray. I did have some tough cuts of meats in the buffet and when that happened I simply moved on to another food selection. I ordered eggs benedict twice in the dining room and asked for sauce on the side. The eggs benedict was delicious.