Navigator only ship in port?

cpa2be

Am I misreading the cruisecal information?? For the 10/15/05 sailing of the Navigator, it seems to indicate that there are no other ships in Port at Grand Cayman. :eek: Also, only 1 other ship in port with us at Ocho Rios and Cozumel.

I've seen posters saying there are 7 or 8 ships in port at a time. Did we get lucky and get these ports to ourselves?:rolleyes:

cpa2be, We have already booked Moby Dick Tours for the morning charter to to Stingray City. We have twelve people in our group (three familes of four). I am hoping that by doing the mornining charter, we will have time to stop by seven mile beach. If I remember correctly, the ship sails at 4PM which probably means we have to be back to the ship by 3:30PM. I wish that this was a longer stop.

No, we haven't signed up. Last year I signed up then couldn't attend because something else was happening at the same time. I felt bad about missing it. I wouldn't want to be a no-show again:o

What if they are holding salsa lessons? Or towel folding classes? What if it conflicts with the belly flop contest?

WAAAY too much pressure for a vacation!:p

Am I misreading the cruisecal information?? For the 10/15/05 sailing of the Navigator, it seems to indicate that there are no other ships in Port at Grand Cayman. :eek: Also, only 1 other ship in port with us at Ocho Rios and Cozumel.

I've seen posters saying there are 7 or 8 ships in port at a time. Did we get lucky and get these ports to ourselves?:rolleyes:

I am the webmaster of CruiseCal.com. Though my site can never be 100% accurate, it is very close. If you look at the next day in Grand Cayman, there are 5 ships in port!

My site also agrees with the actual Port Authority site at: http://www.caymanport.com/schedule.htm.

I have been there twice once, with three other ships, and once with no other ships... it makes a huge difference! But, fun either way...

Brian

More people on our ship! We will be on the NOS 10/15 as well. Nice to meet you all! I hadn't looked at the cal to see how many ships were going to be in port. That's awesome if we have some time to ourselves! We are doing a tour with Soto's in Grand Cayman also, so I'm sure that we'll be seeing you all. Can't wait, I'm running out of new info to read about this cruise so it better hurry up and get here.:D

Thanks for posting, Brian! Good to hear from the 'offiicial' voice of Cruisecal.

I like that we'll have some ports to ourself. There shouldn't be any sold out problems with the private tour companies.

This is going to be a great cruise! We are so excited that we will be flying in to Miami a few days early to get the fun started. We will be staying in South Beach.

Does anyone have any exciting plans for Jamaica? This is our least favorite stop on this Itinerary. We have been there once and we climbed Dunns River Falls. This time we may just stay on the ship.

Troy - We haven't made plans yet. We've also climbed the falls, toured the island, etc. and wouldn't mind staying on the ship. However, since we are bringing our 2 sons (23 & 27) and their girlfriends along this time, I'm guessing they will want to climb the falls. We would do it again with them.

We haven't been to Margaritaville, so that could be a stop, also.

Archived