Suggestions for Canaveral hotel/parking

missnic

I'm planning on driving to Canaveral the day before we sail, and need a room for one night. There will be 4 people, so a suite would definitely be preferred. We don't necessarily need many amenities as we will likely be arriving late in the evening and of course getting on the ship early the next afternoon, but free parking during the cruise is a necessity.

I've heard that the Radisson is a preferred choice, but can often be crowded. Any other suggestions?

look for the one in Coco Beach. It is much cheaper. They also have parking for the length of the cruise.

I loved the Radission when we stayed there last year but it is more expensive. We did get the free parking with them and free breakfast buffet the next morning but didn't bother with the shuttle. The shuttle was a zoo so we took a taxi. It was cheap and started the day off with less stress.

Debbie

I agree with Debbie about the Radisson shuttle. Way to unorganized. We love to use the hotel though. Been there on five different occasions and plan on staying there next May when we go on the Mariner again.

Stay at the Radisson, just rent a taxi to get you to the pier when you want to get there, don't rely on the shuttle.

Tim & Crystal

I would agree that the Radisson is a great way to go. You can get a 2 room suite for around $150/night and will have no problem with 4 people in the room. I am almost certain that the sofa in the livingroom is a sleeper. We were there last year and had one of those room and it was great. They have a great pool too. Very clean. Enjoy your trip.

Why pay more for a hotel than you need to and then pay for a taxi too? We paid for the hotel and pier parking for less and it was great. The parking is very convenient and quick. We got off the ship, my husband got the car literally across the street, and we were on our way home in under 10 minutes. This was in March at spring break and the ship was packed with people. Also, you pull your car right up to the luggage loading area when you arrive, unload, and the driver goes and parks the car. It was GREAT!!!!!!!!:)

Could you tell me the taxi co. you used & what it cost from the Rad? I've read some problems here. Is it standard car or can you get one that holds 5 people & luggage? Someone posted that the Rad. won't give you a no...why I can't imagine since it would help them out! TIA

We used a shuttle service that we made an appointment with to pick us up at the Radisson. I think it was called Ard's Shuttle Service and cost the four of us a total of $20-25. Ard's pulled up - put our luggage on and off we went while the other people were pushing and shoving and loading tons of luggage on the Radisson shuttle. Way too much stress starting a vacation. The extra money was well worth it. We did leave our car at the Rad and took the shuttle back to hotel when the cruise was over. Never again! We had to wait for the third shuttle to pick us up - it took an hour to get back to the hotel - we had to wait in the parking lot with our luggage in the heat. If I were to stay at the Rad again I would either drive my car and park at the terminal - bite the bullet and pay the price or have Ard's or someone scheduled to pick us up on our return.

Try priceline.com for the hotel, choose the appropriate # of stars and you will be fine. Cheaper hotel and pay to park at the pier.

Last year I got a hotel for 35 dollars and parking for 40 dollars and hotels wanted 95 and above. I didn't have to wait if the shuttle was full, and when our cruise was over I could walk across the street to my car and leave.

There is a lot to be said for parking at the pier. covered lot, security, and no waiting to get back to your car.

Try priceline.com for the hotel, choose the appropriate # of stars and you will be fine. Cheaper hotel and pay to park at the pier.

There is a lot to be said for parking at the pier. covered lot, security, and no waiting to get back to your car.

GOOD POINT! We also like to park at the pier because when we get of the ship we are READY to go with NO waiting around!

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

I will have to say we've stayed @ the Rad. twice b4 & had no problems w/shuttle in either direction. You're signed up & the employee calls your name, loads your luggage & you get on. Coming back, it's waiting there. Even after a 2 day delay due to Francis, no phones etc. in PC, their shuttle pulled up @ the port as our bus from Miami pulled in! That was one time we were glad we didn't have to call a taxi and the taxis were not lined up waiting for pax! I only want a taxi to leave earlier and "get out there". :D

Archived