Buccaneer Stingray City Catamaran Excursion??

Stephany

Has anyone done this excursion? Am looking for excursion to Stingray City and thought the Catamaran ride over and back with a cash bar onboard might be fun!! Offers 3 snorkeling stops as well. Any input would be appreciated. Thx

We've never done it before but it sounded good to us too. So , we booked a tour with them on Sept. 15th. I had a concern that we would be tight on time getting back to the ship but they assured me through email (answered my email the same day), that we would have plenty of time and some time to shop afterwards if we wanted. So, we'll do this and enjoy.

We used them last March. Had a great time! Nice cat and relaxing. Not crowed at all. We did the morning tour and had plenty of time to look around. Their shop is about 10 minute walk from the ship. I would recommend them highly.

• 2 weeks later...

We're thinking of booking this excursion and I'm wondering the same thing as an above poster, what if we have a totebag with some of our stuff on it (seeing as we'll be tendering, we'll probably have some clothes, maybe a non-waterproof camera for other shots, etc.) ... is it safe to leave things on the catamaran while you're snorkeling?

we used them in august they are great you will have a good time, the cat is nice and not crowded it is quite safe to leave your bag on board every group has their own space, the crew are very friendly and patient with people who arent too confident about going in the water (my son wasnt) i would definitely recommend them :) :)

We were on the Buccanear in August and had a great time. Definately worth the money. We had a large duffle and left it on board. Most people had some type of bag or duffle that they left on board while in the water.

When at stingray city, you are standing on a sandbar. When at the 2 snorkel sites, you are either too deep to stand, or (by the barrier reefs) you are instructed not to stand otherwise you will harm the coral and reef.

if you've never snorkeled before, ask them to give you a lesson with some tips on breathing and correct fit for the mask and snorkel. If you don't ask them, they don't automatically give a snorkel lesson and assume everyone knows what they are doing and just hand out the gear.

The cash bar is open only after the snorkeling is finished, a safety precaution I'm sure. Water is available all the time.

The entrance in and out of the water is very easy. The ladder is large with a good amount of foot space and goes down quite a way into the water.

Archived