Fantasy debarkation

swalton85

We just got off the Fantasy yesterday and did the relaxed debarkation option. We were zone 15 and our scheduled time to debark was 9:15, actually went about 9:30. Customs was slow, they only had three stations where I think they have had 4 or 5 in the past. We were in the car and on the road at 11, I think we were through customs about 10:30 and then waited about 10 minutes for the parking shuttle, then another 10 minutes for the ride and waiting until we could get off and grab our luggage.

I think noon would be fine especially if you do the self assist option. The relaxed option might be cutting it a little close depending on which zone you are and how slow customs is that day. Since you are going to the airport you won't have to wait in the parking shuttle line and will be able to walk off the pier to the airport/taxi/limo pickup area immediately after clearing customs. I think the zones are numbered starting on the lowest deck forward and moving aft before going upward judging by our previous cruises on the Fantasy. No guarantee that is how it actually works so I wouldn't count on that for catching a flight. However, I do think there was something on the debarkation information paper the night before about letting them know if you have a flight, so they might put you in an earlier zone, but again, no guarantees on the accuracy of that.

I think it will take about half an hour to get from the port to the airport, and we have never had any traffic problems leaving the city.

When I booked on Saturday, the TC had to call Carnival for the Airport Shuttle and they said the earliest the accept for flights is 11am. My flight is at 11:29am to Newark.

Edited by cefm