Celebrity | Constellation | November 28, 2015 (9 days) | Pied Piper Eastern Caribbean

vulcan1971

I just finished rebooking this cruise with Pied Piper, went out to Cruise Critic to look for a cruise thread, and realized it doesn't appear to exist so I have created this one.

Hello... I'm Walter and my partner (Iain) will both be on this cruise. We have done post-Thanksgiving cruises in the past, but not with Pied Piper. Looking forward to a relaxing post holiday cruise.

Walter

I'm joining the group (as a solo) with PP first time with them and first time with X. Excited to try them.

jcruise20 -

Welcome to Celebrity... and to Pied Piper. I really enjoy Celebrity and hopefully you will as well. Also my first time for joining a PP cruise and looking forward to the post-holiday vacation.

Walter

Hey Folks.

Ray and Jim here. Booked sailing for this November 2015. We are Pied Piper alumni, they do things right on this sailing that keeps me returning. Plus the guys that we've met over the years on this Post T-giving sailing are terrific. I am so excited that I garnered an AquaClass on the stern (deck 11). The Balconies on those cabins are HUGE.

It will be awesome to get back on the Millennium Class ships. I like the smaller size and the heated indoor pool!

Blu is awesome for the dining, such a treat to enjoy that anytime experience in a true restaurant experience.

Edited by NCRay
addtl thoughts

Hey Folks.

Ray and Jim here. Booked sailing for this November 2015. We are Pied Piper alumni, they do things right on this sailing that keeps me returning. Plus the guys that we've met over the years on this Post T-giving sailing are terrific. I am so excited that I garnered an AquaClass on the stern (deck 11). The Balconies on those cabins are HUGE.

It will be awesome to get back on the Millennium Class ships. I like the smaller size and the heated indoor pool!

Blu is awesome for the dining, such a treat to enjoy that anytime experience in a true restaurant experience.

NCRay -

I figured if I gave you a hint that the thread existed, somehow you would find your way over here. I only created it in the last couple weeks and was surprised that it wasn't created sooner given how popular post Thanksgiving Pied Piper holiday cruises are.

Welcome to the board. Nice to have some regular Pied Piper alumni here as well. This will be my first cruise with Pied Piper.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

Hello.... I just posted in the main thread that I was successful today in signing up for the "Connections" party that Celebrity holds for its Cruise Critic members. As of today, there were 7 people signed up.

Hope all are safe and warm if you are located in a northern climate.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

...I'm copying what was posted in the Roll Call section...

Hello everyone. My partner and I will be joining the Pied Piper group this coming November. We booked really, really early (back in October I believe) and have been counting the days ever since.

This one will be our second cruise this year. Our first is NJ (our home) to Bermuda in the beginning of June on the Summit (3rd time on the Summit). Our best friends are having their wedding on the ship in the Reflections lounge/disco prior to the ship sailing. Some of the wedding guests are heading home afterward, but many are staying on and cruising for the week. Should be wonderful.

Anyway, cheers to all. Michael and I are definitely looking forward to cruising on the "Connie", sister ship of the Summit we've come to enjoy so much, and perhaps meeting you all. DENNIS

...I'm copying what was posted in the Roll Call section...

Hello everyone. My partner and I will be joining the Pied Piper group this coming November. We booked really, really early (back in October I believe) and have been counting the days ever since.

This one will be our second cruise this year. Our first is NJ (our home) to Bermuda in the beginning of June on the Summit (3rd time on the Summit). Our best friends are having their wedding on the ship in the Reflections lounge/disco prior to the ship sailing. Some of the wedding guests are heading home afterward, but many are staying on and cruising for the week. Should be wonderful.

Anyway, cheers to all. Michael and I are definitely looking forward to cruising on the "Connie", sister ship of the Summit we've come to enjoy so much, and perhaps meeting you all. DENNIS

Dennis (and Michael) -

Thanks for joining the thread. By the time November gets here, I will definitely be ready for this cruise! Not to mention that this will be a chance to unwind after our family Thanksgiving gathering. Have fun on the Summit and meet you onboard the Connie in November.

• 2 weeks later...

Well... I figured this thread might be a bit more active given how popular the post-Thanksgiving cruise is for Pied Piper regulars. I realize it seems so far away for folks but that time will creep up on us fast! Looking forward to it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I went on this cruise last year with 7 friends from Atlanta and had a blast. This year, my husband and I booked. It will be Joe's first time on Celebrity and his first cruise with an alcohol package. This should be fun. I had numerous issues with Pied Piper last year and their poor management and bad entertainment on last year's cruise, so we booked on our own through Crucon.com. We got a much better deal and don't care about the two parties Pied Piper has that we won't get to attend. It will be great to see the friends I met last year and make new ones this year. This is a particularly friendly group of gay men (and a few women too), so nobody should be disappointed in this cruise. Celebrity is great, and this ship has been refurbished, so I think it will be a fantastic cruise for everybody. Can't wait.

Vulcan1971, I was just at the Philadelphia airport last Saturday. I flew in from Rome. Just came back from a fantastic 10 night Mediterranean cruise on the NCL Jade. NCL is my favorite cruise line at the moment. I would have liked to have gotten out and seen the city, but my layover was only 90 minutes. I've never been there. I'd also like to visit Pittsburg.

Edited by Cabin-in-the-Woods

Vulcan1971, I was just at the Philadelphia airport last Saturday. I flew in from Rome. Just came back from a fantastic 10 night Mediterranean cruise on the NCL Jade. NCL is my favorite cruise line at the moment. I would have liked to have gotten out and seen the city, but my layover was only 90 minutes. I've never been there. I'd also like to visit Pittsburg.

Hey, Cabin: I lived in Philly for a time back in the 60's and nearby in the 70's. Interesting and historic city.

As for Pittsburgh, it's beautiful and one of the best views is from the Fort Pitt Bridge as you emerge from the tunnels coming from the South. And if you go there, and you like Italian food, be sure to visit Lidia's. Best pasta ever! Even better than the "Jerk" in Jamaica! ;-) ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like this ship is filling up. It appears only 6% of the cabins remain with most categories sold out. This is the first time I booked a Concierge Class balcony, so we will see what the difference is and if it's worth the extra $$$ we paid for the upgrade. I usually prefer an inside or ocean view cabin because I spend so little time in my cabin, but we will try it and see how we like it.

• 4 weeks later...
It looks like this ship is filling up. It appears only 6% of the cabins remain with most categories sold out. This is the first time I booked a Concierge Class balcony, so we will see what the difference is and if it's worth the extra $$$ we paid for the upgrade. I usually prefer an inside or ocean view cabin because I spend so little time in my cabin, but we will try it and see how we like it.

I have booked staterooms that range from inside cabins to suites. I booked concierge class for this cruise because of the 123 all-inclusive incentives that were offered at the time of booking. Plus, this cruise was booked while on board from a previous cruise and transferred over to the Pied Piper travel group. Doing that allowed for extra OBC. I think I am most looking forward to dining in the main dining room as the past two cruises I've been on were both in aqua class and meals were served in Blu.

And if you go there, and you like Italian food, be sure to visit Lidia's. Best pasta ever! Even better than the "Jerk" in Jamaica! ;-) ;-)

I've been to Pittsburgh twice in the past two years for baseball weekends where my favorite team, the Chicago Cubs, play against the Pittsburgh Pirates in September. The first year I went I had dinner one night at Lydia's and it was amazing. I dine out a lot and I travel extensively and it has to be one of my favorite meals that I can remember.

Hi Cabin,

Glad to hear you had such a wonderful time on your Mediterranean cruise. The past three years I have done a transatlantic itinerary with the last two of three crossings embarking in Rome and arriving to Miami or Fort Lauderdale over the course of 16 days. Next year in February I am changing my 18 day Australia/New Zealand cruise to a Western Mediterranean 11 day itinerary return out of Barcelona on the Norwegian Epic.

Are you aware of the unofficial pied piper post thanksgiving FB group ? We have about 450 members there - current sailors and alumni

NCRay -

I was not aware that there was a Facebook group. I'll take a wander this afternoon and see if I can't find it and start following. Thanks!

I went on this cruise last year with 7 friends from Atlanta and had a blast. This year, my husband and I booked. It will be Joe's first time on Celebrity and his first cruise with an alcohol package. This should be fun. I had numerous issues with Pied Piper last year and their poor management and bad entertainment on last year's cruise, so we booked on our own through Crucon.com. We got a much better deal and don't care about the two parties Pied Piper has that we won't get to attend. It will be great to see the friends I met last year and make new ones this year. This is a particularly friendly group of gay men (and a few women too), so nobody should be disappointed in this cruise. Celebrity is great, and this ship has been refurbished, so I think it will be a fantastic cruise for everybody. Can't wait.

Cabin -

Glad you found your way over to this thread that I created a long time ago. Given the high number of LGBT cruisers, I wondered if the main thread was going to turn into the LGBT thread. :)

Yes, I've also heard mixed reviews on the entertainment and the various events associated with the Pied Piper travel group, including management oversight. The Pied Piper travel group pricing was still better than many itineraries I have booked either through Celebrity or through other travel agents, so it didn't really make that much of a difference for me.

I spent 16 days on Celebrity Constellation in November 2014 when I did my last transatlantic itinerary. The ship is beautiful and looks amazing.

Looking forward to socializing with everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, Glad I tracked down your post on this thread, my partner and I are booked on the Post Thanksgiving cruise on Nov 28th, and the Bermuda cruise on May 30th next year, both through Pied Piper. we are very dissapointed with PP's post booking information, and 'curt' responses to emails asking about pre and post cruise hotel packages, transfers, etc., now I see that we are not being paranoid drama queens!! We have cruised over 40 times and have never experienced such lousy customer service. Anyone else have issues with this?

Pied Piper is a horrific company to do business with, although they have a loyal following. Check out the BBB reports on them. They don't even reply to complaints to the BBB about them. I am on this cruise also, but I didn't book through Pied Piper because of how they lied and mistreated me last year on the same cruise on the Sihouette. I'm only going on this one because I made so many friends on last year's cruise and I want to see them all again. It's still to early for them to send out info on the cruise. They will send you out a list of their parties and entertainment much closer to the cruise. They don't care about pre or post hotel packages, so you should just book them on your own, as well as transfers. It will be cheaper and you will be happier. Next time try Aquafest gay cruises, as they are much, much better.

Thanks for your response. We cruised with Aquafest last October on their Halloween Cruise, it was a lot of fun. I was impressed with Pied Pipers website and thought we would give them a try, up to now I am not impressed, but I will give them the benefit of the doubt, if they don't do hotel packages like Aquafest do, why not just tell me? Do they really care about repeat business? Obviously not!

Main reason for booking the post thanksgiving and Bermuda cruise is definately the 123Go benefits, we will see how we feel about them post cruise. Thanks for your comments, they are appreciated.

Happy cruising!!