Gun storage

As a retired police officer I went on a cruise(carnival) & as I went thru check in I told them I have my piece, they told to wait a minute, then a police officer came checked my badge#. Then they said what has just happenned(9-11) we will take your piece & the ship will tag it & if you are needed it will be turned back to you, if not needed it will be returned at the end of the cruise as you are cleared off the ship.I guess they knew there was at least 1 good guy aboard.

Living in the UK, I thought that this was a joke, now I see that the question was deadly serious. And this in a week when a 2 year old shot dead his Mother in a Walmart. I just don't get it and never will.

I'm from Canada and feel the same as you...just don't get it.

Anyone have any suggestions for wear to store a gun while you are on the ship? I have friends driving down to Port Canaveral for a cruise and they are going to have a gun with them. The only thing I could think of was leaving it locked and in the car. I also thought of a storage locker' date=' like you might see in a train station. But I have never been to that area so I have no idea. Someone else must have been in this situation before. Thanks![/quote']

You are kidding ,right! Anyone that has a CWP should know how to handle this, or maybe they should not carry. Anyway, if crossing state lines driving they should check this out..Reciprocity Agreements.. Of course anyone with a CWP would already know this:rolleyes: Don't have a permit.......

Edited by setsail

Doing that job for 29 years, leave it at HOME..you are going on vacation. Dont expect a local police agency to be used as your local storage facility. You might find a nice officer to keep it in their locker, but most police facilities have no place to store a personal gun..

It never hurts to check. My brother used to be a commercial airline pilot who usually flew with a gun (as do many pilots post 9/11). If he needed to store a gun while away from home, TSA told them to check their guns in at the local police station. Apparently, many are equipped to handle checked guns.