Carnival Magic Cove Balcony or Deck 8 Balcony?

bradysmom

Hi all, we are planning our 2nd cruise in April and currently have a balcony booked midship deck 8 on the Magic.

Our 1st cruise, we were on the Legend and had a balcony deck 6 midship which I was overall very happy with. I do tend to have some seasickness issues, but with the help of bonine I did pretty well as long as I didn't look out the windows of the ship. I could go out on our Balcony as long as I stood at the rail and looked out down at the water. Something about seeing the horizon from inside the ship instantly made me sick. The other times I felt a little off were in the MDR (although not every time) which is low and aft, or when taking my son to camp carnival which was also low but all the way forward. I definitely seemed to notice the motion much more in those areas than say on the lido around the pool or in our cabin, although I did notice I was being rocked out of bed one morning.

All that being said, I have heard great things about the cove balconies on the Magic, and actually think I might enjoy the balcony itself more since it is close to the water, which seems to work for me. I don't tend to get sick on smaller boats where I see everything. The coves are also quite a bit cheaper than our current deck 8 balcony, but I am really concerned that being that low will be worse in terms of motion, since that is where I seemed most affected on the Legend(although always aft or forward).

Any input that anyone has would be greatly appreciated!

Happy New Year!

Hi!

I had a really hard time deciding between a "spa" balcony and cove on the Magic last March.

After a ton of debate I settled on the cove. It was wonderful! Lots of privacy and excellent people watching in Cozumel.

We also enjoyed the lower floor for quick boarding from ports, and only a flight of stairs to dining and entertainment. There is less movement (swaying) with the cove as well.

Two more quick things: 1-our decision was confirmed after a cabin crawl. Everyone loved our room, and 2- some cove balcony rooms can be dark with lifeboats above. We picked a cabin with a gap (2337) and loved the light!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

We had a balcony on Deck 8 on the Magic this past November and we loved it. We had a VERY rough and rainy cruise and didn't feel the motion too much in our cabin except for the last night. I do remember looking at the cove balconies and thinking that as long as the lifeboat was not right in front of me I would really like one since they are closer to the water. If I remember correctly it seemed like most of the cove balconies were actually under the lifeboats.The height of our room actually bothered me a little until I got used to it. Couldn't look down the first couple of days.