Any Carnival Spirit reviews? Having trouble with my search!

Kaibigan

Hi, I'm trying to plan a cruise for December. I'll be in San Diego on Dec 6-21, so I was looking at possibly NCL Star or Carnival Spirit, for close to the same price for 8 days. I've done the normal Mexican Riviera ports before, but would like to see Acapolco, and the Spirit leaves right out of San Diego, making it very convenient for me. But I've heard a bad report on it. Does anyone have anything good to say about it?? ... please? :o

Oh, yeah, and any comments on the kids' program, like hours & staff?

Carnival Spirit - LOVE IT!

Sailed her in way back in 2003 for the Honolulu to Vancouver run, this last April for the 8 night Mexico, sailed sister ship Legend last year for Christmas & New Year's back-to-backs (yup 16 nights! WOO HOO) and booked on the Pride for the Christmas Day sailing out of Long Beach.

Even looking into another Hawaii run on her. Spirit Class ships are my favorite class.......enjoyed Glory but got lost too easy.

One of my favorite cruises was on the Spirit!!! Now was it my favorite cruise because of the ship or the ports??? I think a little of both. I had no problems with the ship at all. It was the first time we had dinner at the Supper Club and I will remember that for a long time. I have all my capers from that cruise so if you have any other questions let me know.

Hi, I'm trying to plan a cruise for December. I'll be in San Diego on Dec 6-21, so I was looking at possibly NCL Star or Carnival Spirit, for close to the same price for 8 days. I've done the normal Mexican Riviera ports before, but would like to see Acapolco, and the Spirit leaves right out of San Diego, making it very convenient for me. But I've heard a bad report on it. Does anyone have anything good to say about it?? ... please? :o

Oh, yeah, and any comments on the kids' program, like hours & staff?

My husband and I were first time cruisers on the SPIRIT we had cruise director TOD witmer (not sure on the last name spelling)

1st off I have noticed on the spirit class ships upgrades come VERY ofter! We booked 3 different rooms all for guarantee rooms 4A (inside) when we Boarded we found our room was on the MAIN DECK and had a BALCONEY truns out all 3 were upgraded to a balconey.

My husband and I our the type to keep to ourselves what you might call anxicity it took us a while to actually get involved with any programs. PLUS I had no idea the motion sickness meds I was taking was putting me to sleep. BUT BESIDES ALL THAT

The spirit was GREAT the CD was EXCELLENT. We spent alot of money :( But this ship was great. My husband will not cruise with any ther cruise line he only trusts carnival and this is because of the spirit. We now are booked on the pride we will be cruising on 11/13/2005 from what I understand this is the twin sister ship to the spirit that is why we choose this ship. We took the spirit cruise on 11/17/2004 and we went on the 8 day mexican cruise to alcapulco. Just to lat you know when you get to IXTAPA Zightanjo (cant spell) if you are going on the 8 day mex cruise, take an exurusion there is absulotly NOTHING to do there otherwise....... in my opinion mazinillo was not great either we did not take a excursion put walked around the city not much to do here...... Sorry I cant write more info If you would like some pictures that we took of the ship and its interior let me know by e-mail hjlanda22@comcast.net I will e-mail them to you....

We are sailing on the spirit Nov 8 to the Mexican Riviera. Can't wait. We have been to Manzanillo for two weeks and loved it. The city is very large, note the port is in a very industrial area and away from town.

they have wonderful local transit, but that isn't for everyone. I recommend, visiting the town of Santiago which is just outside of Manzanillo, great beaches. You can also take a taxi to many of the resorts, Las Hadas, Karmina Palace or the Costa Real, where we stayed. All offer a day all inclusive package.

the city of Manzanillo is very interesting. It is not touristy! But there is a great restaurant on the main floor of a hotel right on the enterance on the main dray. Have a great meal, watch the locals, we got to meet the mayor there.

Ixtapa/Zi... is beautiful, you need to travel to Ixtapa, and check out the beach and all the great stores.

Have Fun, I know I will.

vickie

I've cruised twice on the Spirit, once southern Carribean & once western Carribean. I'ts an absolutely wonderful ship! Before my first cruise on her I had read some really bad reviews & was concerned. However, I encountered absolutely no problems whatsoever. I concluded that those bad reviews were just a result of someone needing something to be unhappy about. You know, there are some people like that. Enjoy your cruise!

Im not sure what BAD you might of heard but keep in mind...... MOST PEOPLE whom have good experince's harldy ever post reviews..... BUT THOSE WHOM have bad things happen to them OHHHH WATCH OUT they will try to find EVERY site and every place the can to tell you why that product might be bad.... I mean have you ever had some place TREAT you bad or simply have a bad experiance I know I have and I wanted everyone to know about it!! Right.... Keep in mind there are 2,000 cruisers on each sailing (about) and read how many reviews their are maybe 10! and out of those 10, how many are bad..... I know there is more than 10 but I am just putting an example for you..... AND alot of people go on the cruise with HIGH expectations of being a queen or king and getting EVERYTHING done NOW or PERFECTLY only to basically cause problems on themselves...... Not everyone but...... some.....

Let me give this example...... This was a human lie detector test "how to tell if someone was telling a lie" A man asked 2 people about their vacation (one never went on vacation and one really had can you tell witch one)

Question: Where did you go on vacation?

Person #1 My family and I went to Disneyland?

Question How was it?

Person #1 It was GREAT! we had a wounderful time, we saw mickey and minnie and the light parade the kids had a great time and were so tired by the end of the night we left a little early because the kids and my wife and I were so tired. The next day we woke up to go and eat breakfast and drove around the city and cought our plan to come home. We had a great time and look forward to going agian.

Person #2's vacation question

Question: Where did you go on vacation?

Person # 2 Disneyland

Question: How was it?

Person #2 The kids had a GREAT time! My wife and I go on some of the rides but for the most part the kids were SO excited and they ran us tired! The were tired at the end of the day CRANKY as heck, so we did leave 1 hour earlier as to beat the traffic and crowds. Disneyland was VERY crowded and we had truoble getting on the rides but the kids did not care they wanted to go on EVERYTHING. I dont think the wait time is worth the rides you go on but the kids could care less. The price to get in the park our way over priced.... But we do it because this was a day for our kids and we where happy to see them happy. Its amazing how much we go through just to make sure they are happy. We had lunch in the park and I might as well ate at a 5 start restarunt it was so pricey! But what are you going to do, LEAVE I mean that will take more time out of the day and you paid the price at the gate to get the most out of your day right! ALL in ALL we overall had a good time and the kids can't wait to go back!

Now who is not truthfull?

Person number #1 is most likely not telling the truth

Person number #2 is telling the truth because this person makes notes of the NEGITIVE things that happend on the trip! Why is this??? Well many vacationers or people rather simply do come in contact with situations and or things that happens that they dont like! ITS LIFE and people when something amazing, extrodinary or BAD happens this should and will be included in the story.

Think of any and all vacations you have been on and even your absolute BEST vacation EVER... Was there any "bad" part about it? Maybe a long line (ie getting on and off the ship in port, something you ate not agreeing with you, you felt uncomfortable in a situation somewhere, you overheard something or saw something or someone acting or speaking badly or rudely, even if not towards you) Those are the things people remember. Even my best vacation had a bad section even though it WAS THE BEST vacation I had ever had.

Sorry this is so long but I just wanted to make a piont and hopefully I did that. Sometimes it is true that that person DID have a bad experience with it but on the spirit you have better chances being hit by lighting (so they say) then you do at haveing a BAD time. IT WAS A GREAT SHIP and we were treated GREAT!

Archived