Going on Serenade THIS SUNDAY HAVE A QUESTION!!!

Hey everyone i am going on the serenade this sunday and i was wondering if anyone has an accurate forecast. Weather.com says it will rain in vancouver on sunday and all of the week in alaska... If anyone has seen another forecast please inform me, i am still packing and confused on what to pack!!!!

Chris... I wish I could help on the forecast, but I haven't checked it... But I did cruise Alaska last year @ this time, and my suggestion would be pack, with "all" weather in mind, as it changes several times a day...:o Rain is very likely, in each port, at one time or another, and sun too for that matter...

We were on the 8/14 sailing of the Serenade and I religiously checked the weather prior to our trip. The weather we actually got was really not what was predicted. The one thing that I was told by numerous people while in Alaska was "The thing about Alaskan weather is that if you don't like it, stick around for 15 minutes and it'll change."

However, while we were there, it was not very cold - I'd say the only day that I really felt chilly was outside on the deck when we were at Hubbard Glacier. Even then, I wore a cotton long sleeved shirt and a fleece, then a windbreaker over it (and jeans) and felt comfortable. The main thing to do is bring clothes to layer and have a waterproof jacket with hood (I found this better than dealing with an umbrella while in port).

Have a great time - we did!!!:)

We sailed August 7th and the whole time we checked the weather before we left it said 65 degrees and raining. When we were there it was 85-90 and sunny! The only time it was cold was at Hubbard Glacier and the ship turned so we were out of the sun. Needless to say we didn't pack enough shorts or short sleeve shirts. Then our friend went back the Friday after we returned (I think it was the 19th) and it was 55 and raining. So who knows?? I hope you have great weather. I tell everyone to prepare for rain and then with Murphy's law it won't happen. :)

Misty

Don't put much stock in the forecast. We sailed on Serenade last July and the forecast claimed it would rain and be cold the entire week from Vancouver all thru our itinerary. We left Vancouver in 90 degree, sunny weather and had 80's for the whole week-- I came home from Alaska with a tan!! Pack a little bit of clothes for any weather-- I didn't pack enough shorts etc and had to buy them on the trip-- we didn't have 1 drop of rain-- not even in Ketchikan where it rains everyday!

You will love this trip and the Serenade--!! Have a great trip!

Archived