Reposting in the correct forum: Deciding between RCCL Navigator & Carnival Magic

MeilzB

Hi, we're deciding between the Navigator of the Seas and the Magic for an upcoming anniversary cruise. I have cruised a ton, but only on Carnival 1x or 2x and it's been about 10 years since our last cruise. We aren't picky, but do enjoy good food and having fun. Looking forward most to getting away without our kiddos and just relaxing. I'd be curious to hear your pros and cons on the Navigator vs the Magic. Thanks in advance!

Since it has been 10 years since your last cruise, do you want to try the latest thing which is a mega-ship with tons of entertainment, many specialty restaurants (pay extra) and tons of unique activities like a ropes course, great spa and comedy clubs and so much more? Then Carnival Magic is for you and I recommend that you get a spa cabin - the spa's on Carnival's newer ships are out of this world with a thalisotherapy pool and several dry sauna's (low temp and regular high temp) a steam sauna and an aromatherapy sauna, rain showers. Then there is the great entertainment onboard, so much to do you cannot do it all in a week.

Navigator is a beautiful ship which we sailed on in her maiden year. It was refurbished in 2014. It has 4 specialty restaurants and the MDR. The spa only includes a steam room and dry sauna - no thallisotherapy pool or water features. But this ship has an adults only Solarium - typical hot tubs and small pools. There is much to do onboard but not as much as the Magic.

Navigator Passenger capacity: 3835

Magic Passenger capacity: 3690

This is JMO, but I would choose the Magic because it is newer and therefore has great entertainment and also because of the awesome spa. (Can you tell I like spas?) However, I think that Navigator is a lovely ship and if the amenities on Navigator appeal to you more than those on Magic, then you should choose that ship. Both are very nice ships, but of the two, I feel Magic has an edge over Navigator due to the spa being so much better and also because Magic has so much to offer. I think that both ships will be similar in terms of number of kids onboard. Both ships offer adults only areas, but the Magic has that spa...and spa cabins and that would be something I would want for an anniversary cruise.

Thanks for the info SuiteTraveler! I know many people seem to prefer Royal Caribbean over Carnival, so I love to get different perspectives. DH's friends also suggested the Magic over Navigator of the Seas. We are not huge spa people, so I'm not sure we'll go the spa cabin route, but might have to take advantage of the port day discounts (do they still offer those?) and get at least a couples massage.

• 3 weeks later...
Since it has been 10 years since your last cruise, do you want to try the latest thing which is a mega-ship with tons of entertainment, many specialty restaurants (pay extra) and tons of unique activities like a ropes course, great spa and comedy clubs and so much more? Then Carnival Magic is for you and I recommend that you get a spa cabin - the spa's on Carnival's newer ships are out of this world with a thalisotherapy pool and several dry sauna's (low temp and regular high temp) a steam sauna and an aromatherapy sauna, rain showers. Then there is the great entertainment onboard, so much to do you cannot do it all in a week.

Navigator is a beautiful ship which we sailed on in her maiden year. It was refurbished in 2014. It has 4 specialty restaurants and the MDR. The spa only includes a steam room and dry sauna - no thallisotherapy pool or water features. But this ship has an adults only Solarium - typical hot tubs and small pools. There is much to do onboard but not as much as the Magic.

Navigator Passenger capacity: 3835

Magic Passenger capacity: 3690

This is JMO, but I would choose the Magic because it is newer and therefore has great entertainment and also because of the awesome spa. (Can you tell I like spas?) However, I think that Navigator is a lovely ship and if the amenities on Navigator appeal to you more than those on Magic, then you should choose that ship. Both are very nice ships, but of the two, I feel Magic has an edge over Navigator due to the spa being so much better and also because Magic has so much to offer. I think that both ships will be similar in terms of number of kids onboard. Both ships offer adults only areas, but the Magic has that spa...and spa cabins and that would be something I would want for an anniversary cruise.

IMHO best response ever! DM and I enjoy the spa and are looking at Western Caribbean itineraries. I didn't have a ship preference but you just got me leaning towards the magic:cool: