Just another reason to fly a day early

brn2crz

I have travel insurance for my cruise but I bought my airfare separately. Does that make a difference? Can I buy insurance for just the flight? BTW, I'm flying out in a week to go on the Explorer on the 4th. I couldn't fly in on the day before because my friend who's going with me can't leave out on Saturday.

if we have to fly we do, but we live n va & when we cruise out of fl we drive down. we make a 2 day trip, spend a nite @ our daughters in sc, get up early &drive the rest of the way. we stay @ a hotel where we can leave our car & shuttle 2 the port. we have had adventures flying, & not all good. when we did alaska we flew. we spent 2 nites in vancover before the cruise.. booked everything thru celebrity. then after the cruise we spent another nite (courtesy of delta) when our flight was canceled.

Hi Everyone.. I'm booked for Sept 4th on Explorer of the Seas to the Eastern Carribbean. When I booked this trip I was unaware of this WONDERFUL website. We live in Cleveland and we're flying the day of the trip. The thought of having problems never entered my mind because the weather is picture perfect here. I NEVER thought of my flights being interfered with on the Miami side. Here in Cleveland we're used to airports closing due to snow.. I really wish I would have known of this site BEFORE I booked my flights. We're just going to have to keep an eye on things (which I'm stressed anyways!! ) and we may have to just break down and pay the $100 to change our flights if we have to.. but boy did I learn my lesson!!! This is a great website.. I'm learning SO much!! THanks everyone!!

Hi Everyone.. I'm booked for Sept 4th on Explorer of the Seas to the Eastern Carribbean. When I booked this trip I was unaware of this WONDERFUL website. We live in Cleveland and we're flying the day of the trip. The thought of having problems never entered my mind because the weather is picture perfect here. I NEVER thought of my flights being interfered with on the Miami side. Here in Cleveland we're used to airports closing due to snow.. I really wish I would have known of this site BEFORE I booked my flights. We're just going to have to keep an eye on things (which I'm stressed anyways!! ) and we may have to just break down and pay the $100 to change our flights if we have to.. but boy did I learn my lesson!!! This is a great website.. I'm learning SO much!! THanks everyone!!

Have a great trip!

I have travel insurance for my cruise but I bought my airfare separately. Does that make a difference? Can I buy insurance for just the flight? BTW, I'm flying out in a week to go on the Explorer on the 4th. I couldn't fly in on the day before because my friend who's going with me can't leave out on Saturday.

Chubbycheeks,

I think it depends on what type of insurance you have. If you bought 3rd party insurance, when figuring the cost of your trip, include the change fees for your plane ticket. Then if you need to file a claim, it will be included. But if your purchased the cruise line's insurance, you will not be able to cover the cost of your flights.

Chubbycheeks,

I think it depends on what type of insurance you have. If you bought 3rd party insurance, when figuring the cost of your trip, include the change fees for your plane ticket. Then if you need to file a claim, it will be included. But if your purchased the cruise line's insurance, you will not be able to cover the cost of your flights.

I bought my cruise through another company. I have my travel insurance through Access America. It says that I have Trip Cancellation, Travel/Trip Delay and Trip Interrruption Protection. My dates of coverage are from Sept. 4th which is the date that we're flying in. Do you think I'll be ok?

I bought my cruise through another company. I have my travel insurance through Access America. It says that I have Trip Cancellation, Travel/Trip Delay and Trip Interrruption Protection. My dates of coverage are from Sept. 4th which is the date that we're flying in. Do you think I'll be ok?

Chubbycheeks, as long as you included the cost of your airfare, or change fee in the cost of your trip. For instance, if your cruise cost was $500 and the change fee for the airline was $100, your total trip cost to be insured would be $600. If you only insured the cost of the cruise at $500, that's all you would be compensated for by the insurance company.

Make sense?

Wow, that's scary about getting bumped off your flight. Now let me ask this: with all the check-in features that are available to people on home PCs, what happens if you do the 24-hour advance check-in from home? You get your seat assignments right then, and then you head to the airport the next day. Does doing so preclude you from getting bumped?

I would hope and assume so. I have round trips flights for my next 2 upcoming cruises booked allready. The airline I'm using is Southwest. They have online checkin available at 12:01am or later on the day of the flight. For each cruise I booked my flights to arrive at 9:30am or earlier on the day of the flight. By using online checkin I expect to not get bumped off my flight and expect my flight to arrive at Lax not to late as to miss my cruise. It would be very unlikely to have a flight be delayed significantly or canceled because of weather because its Sacramento to Los Angeles I"m traveling to. Maybe in January I might have my flight get delayed due to fog but even if that happened most likely the fog would lift by 9am and I would still get to LA in plenty of time to be able to get the ship. I think the only real thing that would cause me to not make a flight to LA would be mechanical problems grounding the flight. But I think the chances of that happening our low and if it did anyway I could still rent a car and drive to LA in order to make it to the ship.

Archived