Fantasy Embarktion

scrwrr

I recieved an email that Fantasy is changing hours for embarktion...will be from 12:30-2:30...does anyone know why?? We will have to change our plans for leaving home...not a huge problem, just wondering why

Basically they are trying to allow enough time for everyone from the previous cruise to disembark, clear customs, and empty the parking area since they can't let anyone for the next one into the parking area and terminal until it is completely clear and set up to handle incoming guests.

The email is to keep lots of people from showing up at 9am and having to wait 2 to 4 hours to board. If you get to the port around noon the parking and embarkation process should be started or will shortly. 11-11:30 is the earliest I would want to show up but be prepared to wait a bit. It will really depend on what time the ship docks that morning and how slow/fast customs is that day, you could get lucky and it be cleared out by 11.

We got off the Fantasy Saturday and our scheduled time to disembark was 9:15 and we were actually sent at 9:30 but the line for customs was slow and we weren't at the car leaving until 11. The last group to disembark was scheduled for 9:45 so I doubt they were sent before 10, if not later, and probably not clear of the port until noon, for what it's worth.

We have been 3 times, and it has always been longer than 2 hours. Checking back we got the same email the OP did about check in running from 12:30 to 2:30. We had planned to arrive at the port at noon but were delayed by traffic on I-26 for over an hour because people couldn't figure out how to merge onto I-95 without coming to a crawl :mad: so we didn't arrive until after 1 so I have no idea when check in actually started. You can board the ship up until half an hour before departure which would be 3:30 giving you three hours anyway.

This was the latest we were onboard, parking and check in took a little over an hour. Previous cruises we have shown up at a little after 11 and had to wait to park til after 12:30, another we showed up at the port a little before 12 and drove straight to each checkpoint and parked, with virtually no waiting at check in, so who knows how it will be any particular day. :rolleyes:

I have been on Fantasy 5 times, but have never had the embarktion to be only 2 hours.

• 1 month later...
We have been 3 times, and it has always been longer than 2 hours. Checking back we got the same email the OP did about check in running from 12:30 to 2:30. We had planned to arrive at the port at noon but were delayed by traffic on I-26 for over an hour because people couldn't figure out how to merge onto I-95 without coming to a crawl :mad: so we didn't arrive until after 1 so I have no idea when check in actually started. You can board the ship up until half an hour before departure which would be 3:30 giving you three hours anyway.

This was the latest we were onboard, parking and check in took a little over an hour. Previous cruises we have shown up at a little after 11 and had to wait to park til after 12:30, another we showed up at the port a little before 12 and drove straight to each checkpoint and parked, with virtually no waiting at check in, so who knows how it will be any particular day. :rolleyes:

I don't mean this in any derogatory way but please consider that the traffic on the interstate is fairly outside of Carnival's or the Port of Charleston's control.

I have a suggestion, no more of a recommendation: Slow down, enjoy the Holy City, come early, do a Park-and-Cruise, arrive the day before then get on-board refreshed, relaxed, ready to part-ay!

Please see

Just Google "Park & cruise" Charleston and you won't be disappointed or have to "worry" about the little things :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

I received same info but I still went at 11:00 via taxi and went straight through was eating lunch by 11:45. I only have Miami to compare and this one was much quicker. But returning we were late and we didn't get off the ship til 1045, so am sure the next cruise passengers could not get on as early as we did.

Edited by Cruiseaptp

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
With FTTF in hand how early should we get to the port?

I know it's almost a year since you asked but if it's too late for you it others might find it useful :D

I've never had FTTF but I know at Charleston it won't do you any good until you reach the terminal doors (I may or may not have witnessed someone throwing a tantrum in the car line and on the shuttle who thought FTTF entitled them to be able to pass everyone else... :D). From there you will go to the priority line and should be on the ship fairly quickly. I would say if you plan to show up at the port around 11 am you MIGHT not have to wait too long to park, but there is a chance you will if the previous cruise is slow disembarking for whatever reason. Around noon you stand a better chance of the car line moving steadily.

In any case once they start letting cars park you shouldn't have a bad wait as it moves consistently. If you are being dropped off I still wouldn't get there much before 11 as I don't think the odds of them letting you in the terminal right away are good. As long as you are aware FTTF will not let you skip any lines until after the shuttle ride to the terminal and don't get upset with having to wait before then you should be fine arriving at any time after 11.

Edited by nc762shooter