Question about dinner & show reservation timing (Getaway)

lnacstan

We'll be going on the Getaway for President's week. I'm working on making advance specialty restaurant reservations and also show reservations. I've seen some posts saying you have to get in line for the shows (e.g. Burn the Floor and Legally Blonde) a half hour before even if you have reservations? How long before the show start time do you recommend making dinner reservations? For example, would we be safe having 6pm reservations at a specialty restaurant and still making it to a 7:30 show? I'd rather not eat TOO early, but also don't want to wait until the 10pm show times.

Thanks for any advice!

We'll be going on the Getaway for President's week. I'm working on making advance specialty restaurant reservations and also show reservations. I've seen some posts saying you have to get in line for the shows (e.g. Burn the Floor and Legally Blonde) a half hour before even if you have reservations? How long before the show start time do you recommend making dinner reservations? For example, would we be safe having 6pm reservations at a specialty restaurant and still making it to a 7:30 show? I'd rather not eat TOO early, but also don't want to wait until the 10pm show times.

Thanks for any advice!

Bump! I would like to know this as well! Thanks!

We had this same issue on our December cruise on the Getaway. We made our show reservations first and then were unable to schedule dinner reservations (for specialty restaurants) on the show days even at 5:30 for a 7:30 show. We even tried calling and the phone people were unable to help.

What we did was when we got on the ship, there was an area for dinner reservations where we went and they were able to get us dinner reservations at the restaurants we wanted. The dinners all took close to 1 1/2 hours, so we were out in time to go to the shows (about 30 mins early).

Hope this helps.

Barry

Thanks Barry, that is very helpful! I did go ahead and reserve 5:30pm dinners for nights we were planning to go to 7:30 shows. We'll have to get our body clocks switched over quickly from west coast timing!

After I made the dinner reservations, the online vacation summary showed 1.5hours for all of the dinners.

Thanks!

Abby

We Cruised the Getaway last year and will be sailing on her again in March. What we did last year was review dailies from other posters on cruise critic to get an idea of event times, so we could schedule accordingly. Dinner service in the Main Dining rooms and specialty restaurants provide a relaxed dining experience (or slow service) so being early for a show may not be possible.

On the Getaway the main shows were good but the game shows were also very entertaining, after the main shows.

Things like free liquor tasting and other events occur around 7:30 so its good to be able to get a sneak peak and schedule around it. I hope this info helps!