sign & sail card dep.

fmfdoccruiser

Can someone tell me what the cash dep required is for a 4 day cruise? Is that per person, or cabin? I know they auto add the tips to the account, but is that amt deducted from the deposit? (meaning if we slap a $2oo dep at boarding, we only have $120 left, by the time we walk away from the counter? We're hoping to use cash/travellers checks to secure onboard, or prepay now with a debit/credit card. How exactly do you prepay this stuff...buy a gift cert??Thanks for your answers, traveling with 3 kids and just need to be conscious of the money.

Cruise of 2 - 4 days is $100

Cruise of 5 - 8 days is $200

Cruise of 9 or longer days is $350

Everything you purchase of board is charged to your sail & sign cards. Be careful using a debt card for your sail & sign cards. People have talked about problems with them. They will preapprove your card for an amount in advance to stay ahead of charges. Then at the end of your cruise they will charge your card with the total. People have said that the preapproved amount and the total at the end of your cruise will both show up as charges. You are only charged once, but the bank deducts both amounts at first. This could cause you to over draw on the account. I checked into the gift cert. when I sent my mother and sister on a cruise. They didn't sound that great to me, because you purchase them and the are sent to you. Then so many days before your cruise you have to send them back and they are placed on your account. I didn't see where you could simlply present them at embarkment. Good luck and have a great time.

Thanks for the info concerning debit cards.We're planning NOT to use them for this dep. Thats $100 per cabin, right--or per person? I wonder if we can call and prepay using debit card(as a visa)

It's per person.

You can use a debit card, but just be careful... there will be a hold on your account, so the available balance will be reduced by that amount, and it will likely be several days after the cruise before the hold is released. So make sure you have plenty of funds in there.

Do you have to show them a debit/credit card of some type, and then put down cash if you don't want to use the card? If using cash for SS card, how do you know they don't also put a hold on other card? Sorry if confusing, I am good at that! So, basically, if using cash, do you have to use debit/credit card at all? Thank you ahead of time.

Do you have to show them a debit/credit card of some type, and then put down cash if you don't want to use the card? If using cash for SS card, how do you know they don't also put a hold on other card? Sorry if confusing, I am good at that! So, basically, if using cash, do you have to use debit/credit card at all? Thank you ahead of time.

No, you will just have a minimum deposit of cash to put down.. if you get close to that amount, they will call you down to the pursers desk.

Archived