new wifi speeds

jp12687

hey,

now that the new wifi system has been online for almost 2 month son the breeze (and some other ships)-- i am wondering if anyone can share their experiences with how the speeds were? how was the coverage on the ship? anyone do the higher priced "premium" plans?

I was on the Sunshine over Christmas and bought the premium plan for $99 for the 8 day cruise. I chose the premium plan because I have two teenage boys and streaming video is important to them. We thought the reception was great throughout the ship. I thought it was best in the Liquid Lounge. There was a dead spot in our cabin on deck 6, but other than that I was quite impressed.

We all have iPhones. I was able to use I message over the wifi to text my husband, who was at home in Indiana. It was a really great way to stay in touch. If I'm on a ship with it again and the price is still affordable I will likely buy the lowest price plan for all of our phones so that we can all use our iPhones with iMessage to text each other on the ship. It gets an A+ from me.