Miami Shuttle

auntybevy

I read somewhere that the price per person for a shuttle is $16.00. A lot of people take a cab from the airport because it appears to be chaeper. We are a party of 2 and are being charged $24.00 for a cab from MIA to the port.

Thanks for your reply. We will require transportation from the Port of Miami to the Miami Airport. Do you know if there will be taxis at the port or do we have to arrange for a pickup?

Edited by auntybevy

The Miami Dade government has established a flat rate from the Miami cruise terminal to the airport. It is $24 which includes all taxes, tolls, and the airport surcharge of $2. This is a flat fare regardless of how many people are in the cab. So your total should be $24 + a tip. There are cabs at the terminal. The only question is whether there will be one big enough for 6 people + luggage.

Shuttle service is available from several companies at rates from $9-15 per person. Lower rates are available for large groups.

One word of personal warning. Super shuttle is a service operated like a franchise. We've had great service in one city, terrible in another. For this reason, I try to avoid them now. They do operate from the Port of Miami.

If it's a flat rate of $24, even if it is 6 people, it sounds like you're better off with two taxis vs a shuttle anyways. At minimum, if it's $9/person, you're at $54. At $16/person, it's $96. Two taxis at $48 is cheaper either way.

FWIW, I think Uber is an evil company. I'd rather give my money to a taxi or shuttle driver. They'll prolly surge price you and "safety" fee you to death.

Edited by codex57

Thanks again. My one concern about taxis would be the availability at the cruise port. Does anyone have experience taking a taxi from the port without reserving or do we have to make a reservation in advance? If so, is there a company you would recommend?

Bev

There will be a line of taxis waiting at the port. We have found this at each and every port on a DCL cruise including Miami. NORMALLY there are different sorts of taxis--sedans, vans, etc. My concern in your case would be whether there is a big enough taxi waiting. If not, one would either have to be called or you'd have to take 2 standard taxis.