Cat 12 on Legend or Cat 11 wrap around?

LuvTheSea14

Hi,

having sailed in both reg cat 11, cat 11 with a wrap around and a cat 12...hands down I would take the cat 12. I think it depends on what you are looking for...if you think we will spend your days on the balcony then by all means go for the wrap around. I personally can't stand the humidity most times so I use my balcony for early mornings and coffee whatching sun rise, docking in and out of ports, and sometimes early evening. So to me, the huge space in the cabin with the cat 12 is more for me...plenty of room, I can't stand clutter so the cat 12 eliminates that as there is sooooooo much room and counter space....the only bad thing about a cat 12, .lol..is that you never want to go back, especially to a regular balcony, lol

Barb

I also vote for the Cat.11 wrap. We are booked in one for the 4/2/06 sailing. I found these pics online. It is for the cabin we have booked, #7347.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/128471760HgbwYd

Have fun!

Really good pics of Catagory 11 cabins. Thanks for the link, it really gave me more perspective of what the rooms look like.

Just returned from the Pride and had 4237 with a wraparound. This is the second time we had this cabin, the first time on the Legend. I LOVE this cabin. I could live there. We had a bedroom, sitting room and a makeup room. The verandah is long and deep and I spent hours sitting there and reading. Beautiful sunsets. Lots of sun. To me there is no question. I would always the the wraparound. Nothing beats watching the water churning from the props.

Really good pics of Catagory 11 cabins. Thanks for the link, it really gave me more perspective of what the rooms look like.

We stayed in a 9a aft wrap on the Glory and LOVED the huge balcony. We were with a group and had all the get-togethers in our cabin. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
If you had a choice is a Cat 12 suite better or a Catagory 11 mini suite with a wrap around balcony on the Empress deck? Thanks

Actually both Cat 11 and 12 are full suites on the Spirit Class ships, with the difference being 12 is slightly larger and the bathroom also has a bidet. Both have double sinks and whirlpool tubs. On the older Fantasy Class ships, the Cat 11's are mini-suites as they are much smaller and have a shower instead of tub. Been there, done that.

Looking forward to the wrap around Cat 11 on Legend in 3 weeks. 551.gif

Big difference, in our opinion, is the separate rooms in the Cat 11 wraps, vs one big room in the Cat 12s, since the 12s don't even have a curtain to separate the living from sleeping areas (like we had on Princess in a suite.) We need the separation (husband sleeps late, I'm up early.) We prefer the aft/wake view, so the Cat 11 was absolutely perfect for us with the huge wrap balcony and separate living room and bedroom. Each room was small, but it was two separate rooms, 2 TVs, with a dressing area and nice bathroom.

Think about what is important to you. We had 4237 on the Legend and the cabin was fantastic.......

Judy

Actually both Cat 11 and 12 are full suites on the Spirit Class ships, with the difference being 12 is slightly larger and the bathroom also has a bidet. Both have double sinks and whirlpool tubs. On the older Fantasy Class ships, the Cat 11's are mini-suites as they are much smaller and have a shower instead of tub. Been there, done that.

Looking forward to the wrap around Cat 11 on Legend in 3 weeks. 551.gif

Cat 11 on the Legend is like $1,500 and the cat. 12 is like $2,300. Sounds like the cat. 12 isnt worth the extra $$$ and I should stick with the cat. 11 if they are both full suites...right?:confused:

Cat 11 wrap around every time, if you plan on spending time on the balcony this is the one to go for.

Pretty soon, Carnival will wake up and start charging Cat 12 prices for the Cat 11 wraparounds... To me, there is NO reason to bypass a wrap for a 12, unless you need the extra beds. (The wraps are mostly 2-person cabins.) Oh, those balconies!

Archived