Non Thomson Flight

Your bags will be removed from outside your cabin on the last night. You will collect them on the Quay when you disembark and take them to the airport yourselves.

If you are joining the ship independently the reverse applies, drop your bags at the quay on registration or just prior to boarding for the first time and they are delivered to your cabin

Your bags will be removed from outside your cabin on the last night. You will collect them on the Quay when you disembark and take them to the airport yourselves.

If you are joining the ship independently the reverse applies, drop your bags at the quay on registration or just prior to boarding for the first time and they are delivered to your cabin

Yes - completely agree.

On your return - You will be provided with a coloured label which is for Independent Travellers to attach to your cases and they will be stored in the quayside secure building until you decide to head for the airport - you can get to the case during the last day too and all the cases are kept in colour codes. Independent tend to use Black labels from memory.

On arrival - If you are arriving by taxi then the taxi needs to take you through the security gate at the port - if not you will have to walk a long way round with your cases and have the issue of explaining why you have no boarding card to the security staff. Thre is no way round this.

Yes - completely agree.

On your return - You will be provided with a coloured label which is for Independent Travellers to attach to your cases and they will be stored in the quayside secure building until you decide to head for the airport - you can get to the case during the last day too and all the cases are kept in colour codes. Independent tend to use Black labels from memory.

On arrival - If you are arriving by taxi then the taxi needs to take you through the security gate at the port - if not you will have to walk a long way round with your cases and have the issue of explaining why you have no boarding card to the security staff. Thre is no way round this.

Showing security staff your eTicket will get you through with no problems - they are getting very strict as to what vehicles they let through the gates.

Thanks for all your replies, to explain, it's the full Thomson cruise package we have, but have decided to fly direct to Glasgow from Palma, rather that back to Birmingham, from where we flew to join the cruise(no Glasgow connection on this cruise), it's much more convenient , more expensive, but on the way home you want back the quickest means, so that's the reason, Thanks all, Dougie.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Showing security staff your eTicket will get you through with no problems - they are getting very strict as to what vehicles they let through the gates.

Are you saying that the Port staff will let you walk through the gates without going via the Terminal Building ?

As for the Port I thought most Airport taxis are granted access to the embarkation area at Muelle 4 ?

Thanks

Didn't give it much thought H/T, thought we could get a taxi to the airport, but as you say if taxi's aren't allowed into the port, then its back to the drawing board, It occurred to me we could get the Thomsons coach to the airport as we've paid for it as part of our package, the only problem is the timing, the Birmingham flight is 13.00, and the Glasgow flight 12.00, depends what time the coach is scheduled to leave for the airport, don't want to take chances with missing our flight,Thanks,Dougie,

Didn't give it much thought H/T, thought we could get a taxi to the airport, but as you say if taxi's aren't allowed into the port, then its back to the drawing board, It occurred to me we could get the Thomsons coach to the airport as we've paid for it as part of our package, the only problem is the timing, the Birmingham flight is 13.00, and the Glasgow flight 12.00, depends what time the coach is scheduled to leave for the airport, don't want to take chances with missing our flight,Thanks,Dougie,

I would have thought since you have in fact paid for a transfer to the airport it would be perfectly reasonable for you to join any coach transfer - as long as there is one early enough for you to connect to your independent flight. Have a look at the flight times in the Thomson brochure - are there any going before the Birmingham flight? I would ask to have a word with the flight rep on board and see if you can get included in another flight transfer - it won't cost them anything and shouldn't be a problem unless every coach to the airport around the time you need to go is absolutely full which is unlikely. You would then need the coloured luggage labels for the appropriate flight you are using to piggy back to get to the airport. Then you make your own way. Good luck. Some good will on the part of the Thomson staff on board could resolve your problem.

I've just had a look and if I'm looking at the correct cruise and date it seems there are a number of flights which leave before your Birmingham one.

Gatwick 10.25

Doncaster 12.10

Leeds Bradford 12.10

Edinburgh 10.40

Surely they would let you go on one of the coaches for these flights - it's not as though you haven't paid! As I said, best of luck with that. :)

Thanks Kruzseeka for your digging, will certainly be following your advice, not as if we're asking for something over and above what we've paid for, do you take your case from the coach at the airport to the checkin desk ?, can't remember, would want to make sure we got a hold of it at the airport, Thanks again all for advice,Dougie.

Edited by Dooglas55

Thanks Kruzseeka for your digging, will certainly be following your advice, not as if we're asking for something over and above what we've paid for, do you take your case from the coach at the airport to the checkin desk ?, can't remember, would want to make sure we got a hold of it at the airport, Thanks again all for advice,Dougie.

Glad to be of help. Yes as already described, you will get coloured labels for your airport transfer (hopefully by negotiation you will be allocated to one of the earlier ones) then leave your luggage outside your cabin the night before. These cases are arranged by coloured labels in groups for each flight in a secure area quayside. For example Gatwick might be green so at the appointed time you identify your cases, put them on the coach then reclaim them at the airport when you get off the coach before you proceed to check in. Of course at that point you will go on your independent way to Jet2 check in. Sorry if I'm repeating what you know but your cases will be your responsibility and in your possession once you get to the airport so that shouldn't complicate your plans.

That's great, Kruzseeka, puts my mind at rest that we clap eyes on them at the airport, and take possession of them to check in, all we need to is try and get on a coach that gets us there in plenty of time, but if they don't play ball, it's a taxi transfer , Thanks , Dougie.

That's great, Kruzseeka, puts my mind at rest that we clap eyes on them at the airport, and take possession of them to check in, all we need to is try and get on a coach that gets us there in plenty of time, but if they don't play ball, it's a taxi transfer , Thanks , Dougie.

best way is dont say anything to anyone, wait till you get the departures info sheet in your cabin the day before you leave, pick which is the most convenient bus for you (always helps if more than one leaving around the same time),you will have been issued the correct colour of label for what should be your flight (Birm), go to reception and ask for a couple of extra labels that are the right colour for the bus you want to go on, if there are a few flights around the same time they will all be the same colour, just go with the flow and you should have no problems. trust me on this, i fly independent a lot and i know the least said the better.

best way is dont say anything to anyone, wait till you get the departures info sheet in your cabin the day before you leave, pick which is the most convenient bus for you (always helps if more than one leaving around the same time),you will have been issued the correct colour of label for what should be your flight (Birm), go to reception and ask for a couple of extra labels that are the right colour for the bus you want to go on, if there are a few flights around the same time they will all be the same colour, just go with the flow and you should have no problems. trust me on this, i fly independent a lot and i know the least said the better.

Good point! If you can just lay your hands on an appropriate colour of luggage label, they will have absolutely no idea who you are or where you're going when you leave the ship. They never do a name check so okavango is right - just ask for extra labels of the colour you think will suit your transfer time best - and you'll be in!!!! If you achieve that no need to say anything to anyone - perhaps least said........ ;)

Good idea, BUT....won't they be calling his name for the Birmingham flight at the airport?

No 'cos he won't be checking in for the Birmingham flight and they will only call the names of people who have checked in but not boarded.

there are several possible scenarios

they have a list of who is booked on the flight

they also have a list of who is checked in for the flight

if are booked but but havnt checked in before checkin closes...they will just leave without you

if you have checked in (maybe on line) they will call you (and call you and call you) even if you just havnt shown up for your checked in flight they will still call you

they will then check for your bag on the aircraft ...if its there they will assume you are somewhere in the airport and call you agin (by this time the flight will be delayed) eventually they will take your bag off the aircraft and leave without you

if your bag is not there they will assume that you didnt show and the flight will leave without you

if you have checked in online and are not gonna show its wise to let the airline know... otherwise you will delay about 200 other passengers on that flight

if you have checked in online and are not gonna show its wise to let the airline know... otherwise you will delay about 200 other passengers on that flight

Thanks Geo:D I mentioned this as we were held up for over an hour last time flying to Corfu and had to wait for them to find the bags and remove them :mad: Presumably they had booked in overnight and overslept :eek: as we couldn't see how they could have checked in on the day and then not got on the plane.

I think it fair enough for the OP to get an earlier coach, but perhaps a word to one of the reps at the airport might be a good idea :)

Again thanks, a lot of great advice, well I've already notified Thomson head office that I won't be using our Birmingham connection, they told me they won't cancel my flight because it's part of a package holiday, so if I don't check in , it's a no show, and the plane leaves without me, we wouldn't want a plane full of passengers held up, the label change idea sounds promising, at the end of the day, it's not to great a distance to Palma airport, so if at the worst it's a taxi, Cheer's, Dougie.

There are no coloured labels on the outbound flight so that will not be an issue. However if you go on a coach and they have given out luggage labels at the airport for the cabins with cabin numbers on them then your cases will be on the coach without the labels and will be a possible issue at security.

My suggestion is you either go by taxi from the rank at the airport and say you need to be taken to the port through the security gate and NOT just to the rank or if you end up at the rank you go via the TERMINAL building to the ship embarkation area. You could prebook a taxi in the UK and state that the taxi must be able to enter the port area via the security gate and ask them to confirm the taxi they are providing can do so and then you will have no problems. When getting out of the taxi at Muelle 4 which is the Pier used by Thomson you can easily get sorted from there.

I suspect THomson will actually give the cabin number labels out at the port and you will identify your lugage on the quayside so going on a coach in that case would not be an issue - but if they change the way they do it then you may face an issue - that is why I suggest a taxi. IF you do go by coach you will need to clearly explain to the Thomson staff at the port that your cases are on the coach without labels. You can always ask someone on the coach before you arrive at the port if labels for the cases have been issued yet or not - if not then you have no issues.

There are no coloured labels on the outbound flight so that will not be an issue. However if you go on a coach and they have given out luggage labels at the airport for the cabins with cabin numbers on them then your cases will be on the coach without the labels and will be a possible issue at security.

My suggestion is you either go by taxi from the rank at the airport and say you need to be taken to the port through the security gate and NOT just to the rank or if you end up at the rank you go via the TERMINAL building to the ship embarkation area. You could prebook a taxi in the UK and state that the taxi must be able to enter the port area via the security gate and ask them to confirm the taxi they are providing can do so and then you will have no problems. When getting out of the taxi at Muelle 4 which is the Pier used by Thomson you can easily get sorted from there.

I suspect THomson will actually give the cabin number labels out at the port and you will identify your lugage on the quayside so going on a coach in that case would not be an issue - but if they change the way they do it then you may face an issue - that is why I suggest a taxi. IF you do go by coach you will need to clearly explain to the Thomson staff at the port that your cases are on the coach without labels. You can always ask someone on the coach before you arrive at the port if labels for the cases have been issued yet or not - if not then you have no issues.

the going in bit is irelevent as they are going in as normal on the thoms birmingham flight

Correct, Okavango, it's the homeward journey that I'm concerned about, we fly to join the Dream as a Thomson cruise package customers, thanks, Huddersfield anyway for your thoughts, Dougie.