Port Canaveral

Seamama

We will be in Port Canaveral for a day during our Carnival Miracle cruise. Does anyone have any ideas on what to do there, besides Kennedy

Space Center, or driving to Orlando? Are there nice beaches there? Thanks.

Hello Carnival Miracle !

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2004;6;12;8;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Norweigan Wind 2/2004

Disney Magic 6/2003

Disney Magic 1/2002

RCCL Sov. of the Seas 5/1998

I looked into things to do at Port Canaveral a few years ago when we did a Carnival cruise. We ended up not staying pre-cruise so did not experience the area.

However, I do remember there is a nature reserve (or bird sanctuary?) not far from Kennedy and some good beaches within driving distance - maybe Cocoa Beach? and some closer & further?

Hope someone will chime in with more specifics.

Hi Neighbor!!

We are taking a NCL cruise in July and going to Cocoa Beach when we stop at Port Canaveral. NCL offers it as an excursion from the ship where they take you to one of the resorts right there and you can use the facilities. I've been to Cocoa Beach before and it is quite nice. There is even a little boardwalk - not like we're used to for a boardwalk much smaller. It is a nice beach. Here is a link to their site www.cityofcocoabeach.com/.

Hope you have a great time!

RCCL Enchantment of the Seas 3/00

RCCL Explorer of the Seas 4/01

Carnival Sensation 12/01 with Rusty Wallace

Celebrity Summit 12/02

Celebrity Horizon 9/03(Mom never told me that Bermuda looks like Canada)

NCL Dawn 7/04

LOL!

After your greeting crystalloubear, I realized all 3 posts here originated in PA!!

Glad someone has something more concrete to offer for SeaMama.

Enjoy your sailing too - you will be leaving as I return so look for my review and I'll be looking for yours!

Tina

I was just about to ask the same question....what's there to do besides theme parks and space center???

Cocoa Beach is a good idea....anything else??

Home Lines Atlantic 7/88; Cunard Countess 6/89; Costa Rivera 6/90; Explorer of the Seas 8/02; Adventure of the Sea 8/03

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=da70d6&cdt=2004;6;26;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 till the Carnival Miracle

• 3 weeks later...

I was just on the Carnival site, and they now list many more excursions than they had. Earlier there had only been two space related trips, now there are several theme park visits, and Airboad Adventure, Kayaking, and other options.

Try one of the local Airboat rides on the St John's river which is about 15 miles west of Cocoa beach. There is one called "Grasshopper" and another called "Lone Cabbage". They are both great rides.

Mike

Archived