Breakaway cruise to nowhere questions

dawntrip

Looking forward to our first cruise on the Breakaway.

Are the rules for bringing wine aboard the same for 2 night cruises as they are for longer cruises?

Are the minibars really locked on these 2-nighters? I think I had read that somewhere.

How early is it possible to board?

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking forward to our first cruise on the Breakaway.

Are the rules for bringing wine aboard the same for 2 night cruises as they are for longer cruises?

Are the minibars really locked on these 2-nighters? I think I had read that somewhere.

How early is it possible to board?

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went last year and going again this year, so my answers are based on last year. Yes, you can bring on wine with the same corkage fee, yes minibars were locked. Last year there was a bit of a delay so boarding did not start until around 12:30, hopefully this year will start a little earlier. Additional info, no porters, you carry your own bags on and off. You can store luggage in Bliss on deck 7. Rooms usually are ready around 1:30. Great fun, party atmosphere, but get to events early. Because almost everyone will be inside, bars and events fill up. Even daytime trivia, "before they were stars" was packed. Shows will be "sold out" but some seats open up, and venues like howl at the moon and the jazz band at fat cats will fill up, but there will be a lot of turn over as people move from venue to venue. Lots of groups and celebrations, not as many kids as a week long cruise.

Enjoy,

Coach Jim

Do you know how much the spa pass is for the weekend?

There usually is not a "spa pass" offered for a CTN (at least in the past... could have changed I guess)... Typically spa access is a la carte on a CTN.

The rules for wine are the same. I'm not too picky of a wine drinker so I just bought bottles of their cheapest red and white at like $25-$30 each, which is roughly about what I would anticipate spending for my own bottle plus corkage fees.

The minibars are locked but they do allow you to order full-sized liquor bottles to your cabin at $80-$120 per - beforehand. Unfortunately, this isn't the full bar setup and you have to bring your own mixers.

There usually is not a "spa pass" offered for a CTN (at least in the past... could have changed I guess)... Typically spa access is a la carte on a CTN.

I can't remember how much it was, but I thought that there was a spa pass for our CTN last year...I think it sold out...but I could be remembering incorrectly.

Just one warning on CTN from New York. The price drops are staggering. I haven't looked this year but the balcony cabins went from $429 to $179 literally overnight. Don't get ripped off as I did.

I fondly remember the golden age of CTN's out of New York when the Canada itinerary in the fall was only 6 nights. This meant that in every week of September and October there was a one night CTN scheduled (Dawn and Spirit were the ships at that time...). Because they were so frequent, the prices dropped as low as $39 a few times for an inside cabin! I think we hit about 4 of them during that time frame.

Just one warning on CTN from New York. The price drops are staggering. I haven't looked this year but the balcony cabins went from $429 to $179 literally overnight. Don't get ripped off as I did.

Even after final payment, you may be able to get an upgrade. There was a big price drop, and I was able to go from an Oceanview to a Minisuite.