Wedding Ceremony at sea

Not all captains are authorized to perform weddings at sea and some probably wouldn't want to. I believe the rules pertain to the country, whose flag, the ship sails under. I think I read that Celebrity and Azamara Captains can perform ceremonies. Probably others, also.

I've been on cruises, where the couple were married on one of the islands, during a port stop.

Edited by KS Sunflower

Not all captains are authorized to perform weddings at sea and some probably wouldn't want to. I believe the rules pertain to the country, whose flag, the ship sails under. I think I read that Celebrity and Azamara Captains can perform ceremonies. Probably others, also.

I've been on cruises, where the couple were married on one of the islands, during a port stop.

Royal recently went through the process to have their Captains and Staff Captains certified to perform weddings. I think they have been able to marry people at sea for a couple of years now.

I was married in May 2013 on the Celebrity Summit while at sea en route to Bermuda.

One thing to consider is that the countries of registry for the ship have a quota limit for the number of marriages allowed per year. Best to book as soon as possible.

We just got married last month at sea on a princess cruise. Costs are much less than the first poster speculated. Inbox me for info.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am glad to hear Princess still does that! On our one and only Princess cruise, they did all the weddings on the later afternoon of the first formal night, so the brides/grooms/families were all dressed up for dinner. We ran into one bride and groom in the elevator - they were trying to find the chapel, so we helped them look for it!

We just got married last month at sea on a princess cruise. Costs are much less than the first poster speculated. Inbox me for info.

The minimum cost on Royal is exactly $4795. That's not speculation.

just on the RCL website.....$3195

That's not a wedding at sea by the Captain (as the OP stated), that's a wedding on the ship, in port, by a local officiant. Wedding at sea by the Captain is $3995 plus $800 for Bahamas licensing.