Getaway and wheelchair bound

sadiecat

We have an upcoming cruise on the Getaway and I was wondering if they have a certain accessibility area for wheelchairs like they did on the Jewel for the shows. They have wheelchair accessibility on the Jewel in the buffet but there were always able bodied people sitting at them but do they have this on the Getaway also? If so maybe on this cruise I'll be able to access those designated tables.

We have an upcoming cruise on the Getaway and I was wondering if they have a certain accessibility area for wheelchairs like they did on the Jewel for the shows. They have wheelchair accessibility on the Jewel in the buffet but there were always able bodied people sitting at them but do they have this on the Getaway also? If so maybe on this cruise I'll be able to access those designated tables.

Yes, the Getaway has accessibility area/seats in the theater. While I did not see any in the buffet because I hardly ever went to the buffet, I am pretty certain they have them there as well.

My husband and I have a cruise on the Getaway for later this year. I was hoping you could provide some insight on the accessible areas. Was there a designated area in for the buffet dining? Did you happen to stay in cabin 11700? If so, how was the layout? Thank you in advance for any insight you could provide.

We were just on the Getaway, a group of 38. One person in our group was in a wheelchair, 2 had scooters and one had a walker.

For the theatre they have a lot of accessible seating when you enter on deck 7. Both sides of the theatre worked for all in our group. At times my mom stayed in her wheelchair and others she transferred to a seat. Both worked well. As far as the buffet there were a lot of tables set aside for disabled. However, I found this buffet the best of any I have seen on any NCL ship. There seemed to be more room around tables and many more tables. We never had a problem finding places to sit and my mom's wheelchair worked at most tables, not just the accessible ones. We also found on this ship that there were more elevators and things seemed to work better for people with mobility issues or in wheelchairs or scooters. All the other restaurants had good seating. The only place I'm not sure about is the Flamingo Grill. It is a small buffet on deck 16 and I can't remember if there was table specifically set aside for wheelchairs etc.

Enjoy your cruise. The Getaway is a beautiful ship.