CRAP! Missed booking Alaska excursion

Dizzneefan

We are going to Alaska in June, sailing on the Legend. After we booked last year I contacted them about the smaller boat excursion that takes you closer to the glacier in Tracy Arm. The told me to check back in October which I did and then was told to check back in January and now see only one ticket left where I need eleven. I have read that there have been two tours offered in the past and only one is showing now so I am HOPEFUL another will be added. I sent a email asking if this might happen and have fingers crossed to hear a positive answer.

I was looking forward to this tour over the others !

Keep checking, as shore excursion availability is constantly changing, and even if you are unable to book it before departure, there's a good chance that you can book it once onboard.

Are you locked on that sailing date/ship? If not, you may also want to consider a different cruise line with a better itinerary (and many times, cheaper). Carnival's Alaska itinerary is, for a lack of a better word, mediocre. Tracy Arm provides very limited glacier viewing even if you can even make it all the way to Sawyer Glacier (specially early in the season like in your case). It's a narrow fjord which can be blocked by ice until later in the summer. Many times, Tracy Arm is skipped altogether, and a different, even less impressive fjord is sailed instead.

Other cruise lines offer much better glacier viewing in places like Glacier Bay, Hubbard Glacier, and College Fjord. We sailed to Glacier Bay on Holland America last June and the glacier views were IMPRESSIVE and dramatic. We pulled up right up to several glaciers, including Margerie Glacier (this glacier is the size of Connecticut!) and just watched as huge pieces of glacier calved into the ocean, just a few hundred feet away, along with the accompanying crashing sounds. It was, without a doubt, the highlight of our Alaska cruise. And the best part? No extra money spent on expensive shore excursions, just to get close to the glaciers!

Edited by Tapi

Sorry to hear it's not working out for you yet!

We booked via email, as instructed. And when we went, they DID do two excursions....so keep trying! My understanding is that as long as they have enough people, they will do two - and this far out, if the first is booked, I would say there's a good chance for the second to make.

We did it 2.5 years ago, and it was a wonderful experience! Good luck!

That tour always says 1 available, and to book it you have to email them and with your booking number, number of adults, number of children, and primary name on the booking.

Read the description and send the email, you will likely have a chance of getting it because it was just added to our sailing the other day.

We sailed to Glacier Bay on Holland America last June and the glacier views were IMPRESSIVE and dramatic. We pulled up right up to several glaciers, including Margerie Glacier (this glacier is the size of Connecticut!) and just watched as huge pieces of glacier calved into the ocean, just a few hundred feet away, along with the accompanying crashing sounds. It was, without a doubt, the highlight of our Alaska cruise. And the best part? No extra money spent on expensive shore excursions, just to get close to the glaciers!

We sailed Norwegian into Glacier Bay and totally agree, it was amazing! Watching & listening as the glacier calved was my favorite part of the cruise and we were so close!

That tour always says 1 available, and to book it you have to email them and with your booking number, number of adults, number of children, and primary name on the booking.

Read the description and send the email, you will likely have a chance of getting it because it was just added to our sailing the other day.

WLHyatt is absolutely correct. I made the same mistake on our Alaska cruise in 2014. Read the description and email your detals, the excursion will likely be available.

And yes, it was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!! :D:D:D