Dolphin Tours

marydz

Hi Everyone:

Just curious to know what the price difference is between booking with Carnival (Royal Swim) vs. Dolphin Discovery?

Looking for info on the Royal Swim. Do you have to be a strong swimmer? Does everyone get a toe push as well as a fin pull? It sounds as if some skill is required in the toe push. Do the dolphins actually get you in a standing position? I would think the experience would be similar to say water-skiing, which I cannot do. I envision myself plowing thru the water face first not being able to get in a standing position. Any info would be a great help.

Is the Royal Swim the way to go or is the Dolphin encounter just as worthwhile?

Mary

Carnival Conquest ( Dec. 2005)

Carnival Legend (2005)

Carnival Legend (2004)

Carnival Victory (2002)

Mary

The price to the public for the Royal Swim is $125. Transportation (about $10 for up to 4 passengers by taxi) and Park Entrance $12 is not included.

You don't have to be a strong swimmer at all to do the Royal Swim, nor be able to water ski. You will have a life jacket on and when it's your turn to do the push and pull you just have to swim (or doggie paddle ) about 10-15 feet from the platform. There is no skill for either trick - for the push you just float in the water with you feet pointed out a little and the dolphins do the rest- coming up from under the water and pushing you through the water like superman!! It's really very easy!! I have never been able to water ski but have no trouble doing the push during the Royal Swim.

The Encounter is nice, however you are always on a submerged platform so you don't won't be in the water "with" the dolphins swimming around you, nor doing the push or pull. There is also a snorkel/Swim adventure ($99) which is similar to the Royal Swim but instead of the push/pull you do a dolphin belly ride.

Archived