how crowded is the dream?

Last year i almost booked the dream but at last minute changed my mind due to reviews about the overcrowding. I went on the Legend and did enjoy,but when i saw the dream port side i felt a little twinge of regret.

So... I do want to try it, but tell me as honestly as you can how bad are the crowds? I am going the week of July 4th so I expect it to be busy, but how hard is it going to be to get a lounge chair by the pool... and how long will i be waiting for food in the buffet line?

I am also wondering if anytime dining would even be worth trying on this ship.

Any tips or advice appreciated!

The only days that felt crowded were when winds and rain made outdoor activities no fun. We did notice elevator congestion during peak times but no more than any hotel with large activities going on. Would return in a moment. Would try for cabins mid floors and mid to aft for ease of movement when elevators are at max.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sailed exactly one year ago and never found it any worse than any other ship. We even did the Mariner of the Seas during spring break. For the record, the Dream was one of our more favorite ships. We booked a Cloud 9 spa balcony and spent most of our on deck time on the Serenity Deck (adults only). We were even lucky enough to snag one of the only two hammocks five days out of seven.

We have been on the Dream a few times and always had anytime dining and never had a problem. We had to wait a couple of times, no longer then 5 minutes but there were 8 of us;) As for crowded, like others have said no more then others I feel.

Went on the Dream twice last year, once in the middle of summer with a really full ship and we thought it was really uncrowded. Of course this was after spending Christmas on the Sunshine, by far the most crowded ship we have been on.

In our opinion, it was crowded. We have always sailed on the Dream/Triumph/Conquest class and are use to the larger ships. Those have the stadium tiers on the upper decks. The Dream class did away with those so now all of the people are huddled around the pool area which is quite smaller.

The biggest problem we had was with the fellow passengers. It seemed like everybody was always standing in the walkways making it difficult to go around them. Instead of standing off to one side, they were always right in the middle of where people were trying to get through. Sea days were the worst. As an example, in the buffet area instead of standing next to the wall while waiting to get up to the buffet line, the people were lined up in the middle of the walkway. There was an employee trying to get people to move out of the way but everybody just ignored him.

We've decided to stick with the Conquest class. I guess it all depends on what you think a crowd is.