Bedside commode on ship?

seattleslew

Every cruiser has a story and ours is a sad one. Three out of four of us (I'm the AB) have a terminal neuromuscular wasting disease (myotonic dystrophy --- like a very slow ALS). We discovered cruising in 2007 and have taken 22 cruises on Princess because that's how we could keep the kids safe and watch over them on their scooters, but still give them the independence they crave. We're down one daughter now, and this cruise is "bucket list" for the other one. We are going to do everything in our power to make this happen and be the best-ever cruise because it's probably our last one as a family. I don't need lectures about dumping out a commode because I am indeed rather civilized and do believe I could figure that part out. I'm just trying to make this happen in the easiest way I know how because, believe me, life is not easy for us right now. I'm willing to do what it takes to make this kid happy and that includes 24/7 trips to h/c restrooms onboard, so don't you worry about us. I simply wanted to know if anyone had ever seen one onboard.

Sending hug and blessings for the best cruise ever, sorry if it seemed like we were not sympathetic to you but your original post was not clear. Yes you can rent a commode from http://www.carevacations.com. And they will deliver it to the ship, they have many other items that might be helpful for you also

Wishing you blue skies and smooth seas and a wonderful cruise

Arlene

Thank you for the great suggestions. We will probably rent one to be brought onboard. Yes, it's going to be a great cruise (they all are!), but this one is going to be a real test to see if we can physically do any more. As far as I know, I do everything correctly and am a Mama Bear, but we cruise Princess because of the amazing crew who have always loved my kids. We've only had one cruise where no one didn't recognize us from before. We keep smiles on our faces and go with the flow. Hopefully we bring smiles to others, and yes, we'll take calm seas, too.