Carnival Cruising from Boston again?

BeachyPeach

Hi all! We cruised on the Glory out of Boston in 2012. It was fantastic and very convenient for us (we live south of the city.). While on board the Splendor last June, we went to the cruise info session. I can't remember the name of it, but we got to hear about various ports, ships, etc... We asked of there were plans to cruise out of Boston again since Carnival stopped sometime between our cruises. We were told that there were no plans for 2015, but to check back for 2016. There's nothing online yet. I'm just curious if anyone has been to one of the on board sessions and heard anything about adding the city back on to their home port list.

Cruise lover since 1995!

Boston cruises are usually up to Canada. St. John/Nova Scotia. We sailed the Glory from Boston in 2013. It was a different cruise from the Caribbean ones, but still a fun experience. I hope CCL Sails from there again!

Hi all! We cruised on the Glory out of Boston in 2012. It was fantastic and very convenient for us (we live south of the city.). While on board the Splendor last June, we went to the cruise info session. I can't remember the name of it, but we got to hear about various ports, ships, etc... We asked of there were plans to cruise out of Boston again since Carnival stopped sometime between our cruises. We were told that there were no plans for 2015, but to check back for 2016. There's nothing online yet. I'm just curious if anyone has been to one of the on board sessions and heard anything about adding the city back on to their home port list.

Cruise lover since 1995!

Wasn't it nice driving to the port for a cruise? No airfare, no hotel. (We live about an hour north of the city.) We sailed Glory in July 2012 and again in June 2013.

Havent heard anything but rather far to sail for Caribbean itinerary

Great reason for longer cruises from Boston! :D

I'd love to cruise out of Boston again, but Carnival tried it for two summer's and I imagine lost a fair bit of money both summers. We were able to do 2 b2b's from Boston because they had to drop the rates to fill the ship. On our last b2b, we were able to do a 9-day (a five day and a four day) out of Boston for the cost of a 4 day out of NYC this year.

NY is only profitable for them in the summer because they are interspersing 4 day Canadian cruises with 7 days to the Bahamas or the Caribbean.

Edited by Carnival_Brides

Really wish Carnival would jump in the boat (no pun intended :D) that other lines are starting to get and began making AMERICAN ships convienient to AMERICANS. They soon realized after their abrupt switch from Baltimore / Norfolk / Boston / New York to Tampa / Miami , that they had just opened many slots for smart cruise lines. If Carnival would ever switch Elation and Ecstasy, so Elation was doing the 3/4 day cruises from Miami, and Ecstasy had the 4/5 day from Nola, they could leave NOLA in the summer, do a 12 night repo *hint* which all avid Carnival cruisers love *hint* and end up in Boston, and cruise to Canada, 4/5 days From May to July, with one of the 5 nights being a Bermuda cruise, and weeklongs for August and September, and then in October, spend doing two or three 10-12 day cruises to tropical Caribbean ports. The after, a new repo cruise back to Nola.

Ecstasy has the balconies, and is smaller, which many, including myself, like. I wish technolgy would allow them to put a retractable roof over the Lido pool, so it can deal with Northeastern climate and Caribbean rainshowers.

But I'm not the CEO of Carnival and I know nothing abput what us cruisers would lvoe to see happen :rolleyes:

While on the Splendor last year, we cruised out of New York. It was an 8 day to the Caribbean. Not for nothing, but Boston is not all that far from NYC. Why wouldn't they do a similar itinerary? And interspersed with Canadian cruises might bring more travelers. Although, we enjoyed the Glory to Canada and would do a longer trip north, I'd just like the option of getting on a ship near home. Like pp said, no airfare and no hotel made it so affordable and convenient.

Cruise lover since 1995!