4 to a room

modine

I haven't heard of any limit to the number of people in a cabin, even if it's an upgrade special, unless they are out of 4 person cabins. You might call a few other TA's and see what they offer. If your TA can't match what Carnival is offering you then you don't have a good TA. There's plenty of good TA's out there that would be more than willing to help you.;)

Are you booking a specific room, or a guarantee? I've never heard of a 3 to a room maximum. Even if you book a "triple" with one upper berth, they can bring a rollaway in for the fourth passenger. When I took my two kids on the Holiday, they gave us a cabin with no upper berths - the steward set up a rollaway bed for one of my kids and offered to remove it each morning and return with it each evening. I told him to just leave it in the room, as it really wasn't in our way.

We cruise as a family of four and are all in the same room. I would call a PVP from Carnival or check another TA. They may be trying to get you to book a second room when you don't need to.

We were told by Carnival that Cat. 11 suites will only sleep 3 but they do have rooms for 4.

Good luck!

Not all ships allow rollaways (the newer ones don't)... We have a triple on the Conquest next year... it really just depends on how the cabin is designated. If Carnival.com is showing one cabin being something different than the TA is telling you, call Carnival and ask how many people that cabin holds... the website is not always reliable. Some rooms are doubles, some are triples, some are quads, etc... just depends on the designation.

In March we cruised with our 2 Grandsons all in one room on the Ispiration.

There were two fold down bunks that hung off the wall. About the same comfort as the ones on the floor. They would be lowered each evening and put up in the morning. It was great and we all had a great cruise. Go for it.

E-mai meat woodman@earthlink.net and I will hunt up the pictures and send them to you.

We have sailed three times in same class ship as Sensation and have always stayed 4 to a cabin. However, I do know that there are a limited number of true quads (have 2 lower beds and 2 upper berths to accomodate 4 people). That is why we chose our cabin number vs a guarantee. I would not be too keen on having a rollaway brought in every night. Floor space is limited as it is with 4 people. Next year we go on the Glory and will have 2 beds, an upper and a sleeper sofa. Hope my then 18 yr old DS, who is 6'1" and still growing :eek: , will be OK on the sofa. (Now you know why we go on cruises nearly every year. Feeding 2 teenagers is certainly a challenge to the pocketbook. Reason we didn't cruise this past summer is to look at colleges.)

In any case, what kind of cabin will you have? You can go online at Carnival and look at the deck plans. The cabins have designations that indicate sleeping arrangements. For example. a : indicates 2 lowers and 2 uppers. That way you know you have a true quad. But even if you need a rollaway brought in, I would still rather be cruising with a rollaway than not. :)

Even in a true quad, we end up with a rollaway. My 4 year old loves the bunk, but my 6 year old is afraid of sleeping up so high, so we get a trundle bed for him. We ask the steward to just leave it set up all week, since with two small kids we don't need as much floor space as four "big people" all staying in one room. It also gives them a place to sit and watch tv or have a snack during the day, rather than having them pile into our bed.

We have FIVE children. My sis n law went with us and we had two cabins with four people. I found that the fold down bunks were quite accomodating. When we were in a the room together, it worked well. Our kids had the bunks and we had the lower beds. It worked well for us.....

We always go 4 to a room .. atleast so far. I did, however; try to go on another ship and was told they no longer had any threes or quads available because of the amount of passengers already booked. They had the rooms that hold that many but could not book that many. So....we went with a different ship...no biggie.

I was told by two TA's that there were no quad balconies left when we booked our trip. We weren't going to go because I didn't like the locations of the cabins that they offered My DH told me to try calling Carnival directly (something so many people on these boards have brainwashed me against doing) and they were able to get me a balcony for the same price to the penny as the "inside in a bad location cabin" the TA's were offering. Needless to say we're going!

It doesn't hurt to call them and just ask, especially if it's available on their website.

We've had four to a cabin on our past four cruises and will have four again on our next. If you booked four, Carnival will accommodate you.:)

Only the first cruise with four did we have a triple. They provided a roll away bed, which made for a very tight room at night but still was good enough for the cruise.

Our fam of four have always booked in the same room (always a suite...I don't know if maybe that makes a difference).

Perhaps you were looking at a specific cabin? I know when we were booking on the Miracle, we wanted an aft room and were told there was a max of three in that room.

Archived