Carnival Liberty 4J Category 7203

lunagirl

Good morning! We have booked a 4J on the Liberty out of San Juan. This is my first time in this state room category. I searched the forums for info on this room type, but didn't find very much recent info. Can anyone who has had one of these obstructed view rooms recently help me with these questions?

Did they close off the deck due to wind during your cruise? If so, how many days?

Did you feel motion more in this room at the very front of the ship? I have seen several people that had this issue with this room type at the Lido level. I am prone to motion sickness and take meds, but my partner in crime is a first-time cruiser and we don't know her motion sickness situation.

I understand there is an obstructed view of the walkway/front wall of the ship. I chose this type of room over a standard oceanview even though I paid more because I didn't want to be on Deck 1 or 2 and there are no scenic oceanviews available on this sailing. I am hoping it will let me see the weather and if we are in port without having to go outside.

Are there any chairs on the deck on 7 or just the wooden benches?

Thanks for any help that you can offer!

Good morning! We have booked a 4J on the Liberty out of San Juan. This is my first time in this state room category. I searched the forums for info on this room type, but didn't find very much recent info. Can anyone who has had one of these obstructed view rooms recently help me with these questions?

Did they close off the deck due to wind during your cruise? If so, how many days?

Did you feel motion more in this room at the very front of the ship? I have seen several people that had this issue with this room type at the Lido level. I am prone to motion sickness and take meds, but my partner in crime is a first-time cruiser and we don't know her motion sickness situation.

I understand there is an obstructed view of the walkway/front wall of the ship. I chose this type of room over a standard oceanview even though I paid more because I didn't want to be on Deck 1 or 2 and there are no scenic oceanviews available on this sailing. I am hoping it will let me see the weather and if we are in port without having to go outside.

Are there any chairs on the deck on 7 or just the wooden benches?

Thanks for any help that you can offer!

We had cabins 7201 & 7203 on the Liberty this past August. We love the 4J cabins, in fact we have them on our upcoming Breeze cruise in August. To answer your questions:

We were able to use our "secret deck" every day, even when it was windy. There are two sets of doors that you have to go through in order to get outside. In consideration of your fellow passengers, please don't let the doors slam as you go through them!!

Depending on the sea conditions. If it is rough, then you will feel more motion in these rooms. Under normal conditions, it is fine.

The photos should answer your questions about the view.

There are no loungers on the secret decks, just the wooden benches.

The secret deck is a GREAT place to view your sailaways and approaches to your ports of call.

CL0132.JPG

CL0126.JPG

CL0127.JPG

CL0353.JPG

CL0359.JPG

CL0713.JPG

Please feel free to check out my Liberty review, the link is in my signature, and feel free to ask questions if you need to. Happy Sails!!

Edited by Jamman54