Day before check in at manchester airport

shrinkingsue

Hi

Does anyone know if you can check in and leave your bags the day before at Manchester airport prior to carribean cruise. Flying thomson Dreamliner

Thanks

Our experience of Thomson day-before check in at Gatwick is that they don't do it for Caribbean flights (even for their own cruises). It does make this exception clear on their website. However whether it makes a difference if it's a charter flight ie all passengers are with P&O and destined for the ship as opposed to a mix of passengers as would be the case on a Thomson scheduled flight I'm not certain. We are flying out from Gatwick and staying there the night before. We'll ask the question when we arrive the day before our flight but I'm not expecting to be able to.

• 2 months later...

I have just been at Manchester Airport this morning and called at the Thomson Checkin desk at Terminal 2. The very nice young girl looking after the queue confirmed that they definitely do day before checkin for P&O charter flights if you have a morning flight. You need to go to the checkin desk after 12pm the day before.

I have just been at Manchester Airport this morning and called at the Thomson Checkin desk at Terminal 2. The very nice young girl looking after the queue confirmed that they definitely do day before checkin for P&O charter flights if you have a morning flight. You need to go to the checkin desk after 12pm the day before.

You're lucky! They most definitely didn't do it at Gatwick. We had an overnight at an airport hotel so when we arrived, on the off chance we could do day-before drop off, we went to check at the Thomson desk and were given a categorical 'No'. I hope it works for you as it's a useful service.

I will report back after 29th April to let you know if we were able to do this. The girl did say we may still have to go up to the checkin desk on the day, presumably to fill in the health declaration form.

Am just trying to avoid a long wait at checkin at 4am although I was told there wont be a queue as they have plenty of desks open. Must admit there was no queue today at 8am and she said they were checking in 3 long haul flights at that time. Will just have to wait and see.