Carnival Magic...Cayman Shore Snorkel Excursion...Anyone take it?

Blazer25

Hello,

I was looking into taking the "Cayan Shore Snorkel" excursion offered through the ship. I was reading through the reviews and had a few questions. I was hoping someone may have taken this excursion and could answer some questions for me.

First...I saw (from the reviews) that the company offers underwater camera rental. Does anyone know what the cost is? I am debating if I want to take my own disposable one, or rent one. If I rent one, at least I can see how the photos turn out...so I can retake them if I don't like them. With a disposable camera, you don't know how the photos will turn out until they are developed.

Second...We have never been snorkeling before. How deep is the water that you are snorkeling in? Most snorkeling takes place where you float at the top of the water...but if the reef is 40ft down, are you still able to see it well? I can't hold my breath that long.

Any help would be great...especially regarding the camera. I'd like to rent one...but Don't want to pay a fortune to do so. :)

Thanks so much!

Edited by Blazer25