Paris Pass vs Paris Museum Pass

itsanita

I believe the Paris Museum Pass would be perfect for our visit in June. However, when looking online at both the Paris Pass and the Museum pass i only see the 'fast track entry' with the Paris Pass. Can someone confirm this? If we just buy the Museum Pass, will we not get the 'fast track entry' at the Louvre, the Orsay, or Pompidou?

thanks

We purchased Museum Pass only and received fast-er lines in the museums. It doesn't bypass or make the security lines any less but the Louvre was a separate entrance ( group entrance) and Saint Chappelle line for Museum Passholders was non existent once security was cleared. Pompidou and Orsay had no line when we went. The Museum Pass was great.

I was traveling with my 17year old daughter and she was able to gain entrance right alongside me without a Pass. It was a great savings (being under 18) money wise and time wise.

Edited by MTJtraveller

• 2 weeks later...

The Paris Pass is just a collection of other passes, one of which is the Paris Museum Pass. The only fast track museum entry you'll get is with the Paris Museum Pass - the Paris Pass won't offer additional ways to bypass the lines.

The Orsay has a separate line for people with passes and tickets that's much shorter than the regular line.

For the Louvre you'll need to go through security first. The line at the pyramid can get long. There are 3 other points of entry. The carrousel du Louvre is underground and can get crowded as well. Since you will have the museum pass you can use the Passage Richelieu entrance just off rue du Rivoli across from the Palais Royal-Musée du Louvre metro. There's also the Porte des Lions entrance.

The museum pass gives you priority access to the Orangerie and there's a separate line at Versailles for people with tickets or passes, although it will be long.

I haven't visited the Pompidou.

Hope that helps!

The Museum Pass was great! No problems even when museums were busy. Also, if you will be using the subway a lot, buy the Subway Pass so you can get 10 or whatever number you want for a reduced price and also don't have to buy them every time you use the subway.

The Museum Pass was great! No problems even when museums were busy. Also, if you will be using the subway a lot, buy the Subway Pass so you can get 10 or whatever number you want for a reduced price and also don't have to buy them every time you use the subway.

A pack of 10 tickets was $13.70 euros when we visited in September.

The Louvre had long lines except at the Porte des Lions entrance. The box office is never open but you can get in with a pre-purchased pass.

A pack of 10 tickets was $13.70 euros when we visited in September.

The Louvre had long lines except at the Porte des Lions entrance. The box office is never open but you can get in with a pre-purchased pass.

We were thinking of getting an Oyster Card for the tube. Would the ticket pack last us 4 days? Would it be the better way to go?

We were thinking of getting an Oyster Card for the tube. Would the ticket pack last us 4 days? Would it be the better way to go?

Oyster card is only good in London, not Paris.

A 10 pack in Paris should last 4 days unless you'rs taking multiple subway rides a day.

Oyster card is only good in London, not Paris.

A 10 pack in Paris should last 4 days unless you'rs taking multiple subway rides a day.

oh dear..I am working on our 4 days in London too!! I got the two mixed up there for a minute. LOL